General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #8C70
@Frustration in Excelsis  
Late reply, but thanks! TvTropes named it “Slouch of Villainy”, but your term works better since it doesn’t have to be villains only. I’ll use it.

Also, does anyone know the difference between paw pads vs. underpaw? They seem to be the same at a glance.

Edit: Is it correct to tag pictures like >>1919286 as “paw prints”? From what I understand, this >>1919747 would be a paw print, just like what a foot print is. While paw gloves exist, they may not always show the underpaws (eg. >>383135). Do I just tag both underpaw and paw gloves to find the ones that do?
Background Pony #6D10
NSFW  
||  
I had a discussion with someone about obscured penetration  
It was suggested to use ambiguous penetration but I don’t think they are quite the same.  
I guess there IS an overlap in many of these but I wouldn’t say that they are exactly synonyms, it’s just that both tags apply…  
I think it would be good to have both tags on the image then, so it can be found with either of them when searched for.

Obscured can also be non-ambiguous too, like here  

with context from the caption

or here  

with context from the sperm attacking the egg

or here  

where both holes are done

Or when it was used on a guy getting butt fucked, too.  
Like here  
>>474545t (deleted)

So what’s the best way to deal with this now? Add it back to all cases where it applies? Or really only just to where it clearly is not ambiguous?

How does everyone else feel about having both tags existing and possibly on the same upload?  
||
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Frustration in Excelsis  
In the spirit of horns are touching I’d say Foreheads Are Touching

New topic:

floating head  
disembodied head  
headshot

These seem to be 90% overlap.

I’m thinking headshot’s intent is: “Image is focused on the character’s head. The rest of their body may be absent or extend out of frame.

Disembodied head and floating head could be aliased, with a description something like: “A character in a larger scene where they are not the focus is represented only by their head or a portion of their head.” Headshot and Disembodied/Floating Head should be mutually exclusive. Former is if it’s the main focus, the latter is if not.

This is entirely different from severed head which could be either of the above.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
Anyone mind if I go ahead and create a grogar's orb tag? It’s appeared often enough by this point, and will likely appear often enough before the show closes, that using complex searches for it (i.e. the beginning of the end, frenemies, crystal ball) will likely prove a bit too complex to be useful, especially since non-screencap images with the thing are going be less likely to be tagged with episode titles as the season goes on.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@cheezedoodle  
Headshot thing seems fine, but mutual exclusion is usually somewhat concerning, especially on something that’s a little unclear where the line is.

My experience with head-related tags is that there’s some serious ambiguity sometimes between “headless”, “severed head”, and “disembodied head”. The former two’s mutual exclusion actually leads to a few problems with certain images (where somepony is modular and thus can survive decapitated, but they still got it sliced off and it’s a mild injury rather they need to heal rather than just being able to pop it off and on at will).  
I’d really like there to be some kind of overarching tag that covers simply a head that is not attached to a body regardless of whether being such is an injury or fatal, and possibly a generalized tag for removing a head from a body also regardless of such.

@Background Pony #257A  
“obscured penetration” is fine and I don’t greatly care about the details.
Background Pony #8C70
@Background Pony #257A  
Added it to a bunch of impregnation/internal pictures; not sure if being internal makes it not obscured though. Also added to pictures like >>1556499 where while technically not obscured, it’s ambiguous if not for the egg cell picture.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide