General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #8C70
@Zeb

I never knew “looking pleasured” was even a tag; I just tag them all as “ahegao”.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I think trying to split ahegao by whether it’s actually an orgasm or something innocent is rather pointless, especially when it’s often ambiguous, and we have an orgasm tag.
Rainboom Dash
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Rainbooms4Ever
@Princess Luna  
Agreed

It often doesn’t mean that.. it’s just a face that is often made when highly pleasured  
Also highly ambiguous and stupid to try to determine that so..

The orgasm tag isn’t used consistently at all, btw.. “cumming” is used more often but even that isn’t always used when you can clearly see it which is stupid

Unless they are counting precum (which has over 7,500 images!) Which probably not..

Okay, I just checked and there’s only 378 images tagged both precum and cumming so nope
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Background Pony #A8E1  
Example pictures? What you need is an anatomy lesson.

The outside bits that include the labia (only majora on horses), the clitoris, and the vestibule are all considered part of the vulva.

The tube that leads from the vestibule to the cervix is the vagina.

So if the pic shows outside girl parts, it needs to be tagged vulva. If it shows the vestibule and the vaginal opening, it can have the vagina tag. If it shows an “xray view” type thing of the penis inside, it can have the vagina tag.
Frustration in Excelsis
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
My apologies for continuing to bring these two things up, but these are a couple things I would very much like to know and I do not think that they were answered the other times I posted. If they were I must have missed it.

One,  
@Frustration in Excelsis  
If the tag descriptions for magic beam and magic blast say that they’re supposed to be different things used for different criteria, then why does the former imply the latter?

Two, how thorough do we typically get with adding implications, aliases and such for tags pertaining to other franchises?
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Frustration in Excelsis  
It’s probably a needless distinction, but IMO magic beam is just a longer, sustained magic blast, thus if you want to see any kind of shooty magic you can search for magic blast and will get both types, but if you just want solid beams as seen in the stereotypical magic duel of opposing beams, you can search for that tag.

Other franchises implications - don’t go out of your way. It only matters for something that gets tagged a lot

Some pokemon characters imply Pokemon, for example. I’d say if it’s on a hundred or more pics, that’s when to start considering an implication for another series.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Deserter  
Not only is it redundant but it also makes it harder for people to search for other creatures depicted as quadrupeds (e.g. characters like Discord and Capper are usually biped but some fanart could depict them on all fours).
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@TexasUberAlles  
I’ve slowly been working on it.  
Only 60,000 or so more images to go. D=  
Mass tagging lets me get through about 1,000 every 2-3ish minutes. It’s tedious, it’s boring, I do it [And “pony”] When I have the spare time and have nothing else I’d rather be doing~

@Deserter  
@mjangelvortex  
I agree. I’ve removed it in the past. And it keeps popping back up.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Someone tell me why a relevant harmless tag is somehow a ‘problem’. No one told you to tag it and seeing it on an image doesn’t hurt.

Fight the real battles, like sexy. Don’t waste your energy on this.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
Not only is it redundant but it also makes it harder for people to search for other creatures depicted as quadrupeds (e.g. characters like Discord and Capper are usually biped but some fanart could depict them on all fours).
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@LightningBolt  
It kinda does make things harder:

Short description: A quadruped standing on two legs like a human, and not rearing like a horse.
Aliases: on two legs, standing on hind legs, standing on two legs
Implied by (warning: unfiltered)
bipedal leaning
Detailed description:
A pony or other quadruped standing on their hind legs as if they were a two-legged creature. Does not apply to anthro or humanized art or quadruped characters rearing up on their hind legs momentarily in an action pose.

The bipedal tag isn’t meant for bipedal characters and creatures like The Storm King, Discord, Abyssinians, and Dragons. It’s for looking up characters and creatures that are usually quadrupedal but are on two legs.

And yes, it’s a niche scenario. But wouldn’t it make more sense for the quadrupedal tag to act as the opposite of the bipedal tag? I think it should.

The tag doesn’t even have a detailed description like the other one so I can see where confusion may arise. People don’t know what that tag is for.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide