General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #5A5A
@Background Pony #A8E1  
I don’t know if this was the intent of the tag, but it looks like nonconsensual has application on actions that aren’t sex and technically would be out of the scope of the rape tag.

If that’s the case then, the tag is in serious need of clean-up.
Background Pony #6D10
General question about alias / implication requests and suggestion threads in this forum:  
I realize mods also have other things to do but is there like a guideline for how long it usually takes until such threads get answers and decisions? Or the other way around, is there a time after which it means that this alias / implication is not needed and will not happen?

Or should we bump “older” threads that got no official answer / final verdict yet, as they might just have been missed in the flood or forgotten about?
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
Just checking. Images where the characters shown are ambiguously pony should have barely pony related or is there something else they could be tagged/filtered with?

Example >>2109322 (Explicit)

I know this OC is an anthro pony, but judging the image on the image’s attributes would make me think this is just two generic furries.
Frustration in Excelsis
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artist -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -

Worldbuilding Addict
All righty, I finally got around to sorting out those cross-fandom tags I was talking about a while ago – here. I sorted them by how many images there are under each, in a transparent attempt to pass the buck on the decision of how many hits does such a tag need to have before it’s worth the effort of being given implications and so on.
xbi
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

What do you think about tag “based on other artist work”? I am not sure in my English, and I am not sure that there is no already such tag.  
There is tag “redraw”, but is ambiguous and don’t assume large additional work, with additional background/lining/coloring/composition of parts.

There is tag “collaboration”, but it is not collaboration in strict sense, because most likely original artist don’t know about the works with someone else. Also I don’t feel photo of printed work is collaboration in any sense.

There is tag “edit”, but it does assume just very basic manipulations, keeping large part of original work pixels

Examples  
>>1751447 ( lining/coloring sketch with additional background )  
>>1265440 ( lining/coloring sketch )  
>>1634924  
Actually almost all works under tag artist:kp-shadowsquirrel in last two years aren’t his original drawings

Maybe “collaboraton” tag is enough for these, but in very wide sense actually almost all works are collaborations based on some references
Dogman15
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@xbi  
In the case of KP-shadowsquirrel, at least for the 3D stuff, that artist tag is used because their original 3D models are in the image and used, at the very least, as a base.

I think that’s a common thing for 3D models - the artist of the 3D model is tagged if known, even if the modeler didn’t assemble, pose, or animate the scene.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@mjangelvortex  
The “stupid sexy __” tags do need a serious trim.  
@mjangelvortex  
The word “sexy” is not Suggestive; it’s an exact synonym for “attractive”, which is clearly Safe.

@Background Pony #257A  
full

@Dogman15  
Please note we have a specific thread for ratings discussion.

@PlotHole  
If it’s just like, a slight dip in the panties or a single line on them, it’s Suggestive. Questionable is for when you start getting extra details on it.  
@cheezedoodle  
The bulletpoint itself is for them combined, to place that combination in Suggestive. If it’s lower than low-detail, it doesn’t exist, and if it’s not prominent (like if it were Sunset’s tiny details in the background of an image of Flash), it’s Safe, though that’s rare.

Also, again, we have a specific thread for ratings to try to not clog up this one, and it’s barely-used.

@saby  
A while back I was trying to kill “bad touch” outside of the memes, cause otherwise it’s _completely redundant with
“molestation” with a more muddled meaning to boot.
Noir-B
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

beauvoirferril0
Is there a way to search for tags, so I can more easily sieve through the aliased section? Sometimes, I can only remember part of a tag, often a latter word, and I can’t find it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide