General Tag Discussion

Brokedownandmadeone
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@Markiz93  
I mean, ye. I know they’re not the right tags to use. But I’m just wondering if there even is a tag to use for non-MLP “screencaps”.

About the gargoyle bit: [
The gargoyle is a fantasy and horror monster inspired by the gargoyle architectural element. While they were believed in mythology to frighten away evil spirits, the idea of such statues physically coming to life is a more recent notion. Like golems, they are usually made of magically animated or transformed stone, but have animal or chimera traits and are often guardians of a place such as a cathedral or castle.[1] They can also be depicted as vessels for demonic possession or as a living species resembling statues.[2]
](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle_(monster)) Going off this definition, I’d say it fits fine.
DGCK81LNN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Artist -

A Chinese brony (kinda)
full  
At first, I was like… What are the categories? I don’t see any further explanation about this anywhere on the site.

So then I searched category:a*, category:b*, category:c*, and category:ca*, category:cb* etc until I found out what each of the categories were. Here are they: character, content-fanmade, content-official, error, oc, origin, rating, species, spoiler. Click here to see one tag from every category placed together.

But eventually… I found out that they listed the categories in the API Docs.  
fffffffffff

EDIT: Forgot to mention that most of the tags don’t have a category, and “no category” can’t be searched.
NotADeliciousPotato
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Equus ferus caballus
The current tag for that is known, confusingly, as “screenshots”, I think.  
(At least it’s one of the biggest tags that contains those kind of things)  
I feel like there could be a better tag for that, though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide