General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
So, I see that late for school got aliased into schoolgirl toast, which has caught a few images without toast (or food at all) >>1913298 >>1368403 >>2212794 for example.

Should these be re-tagged with the little-used running late instead?

Also, how literally should “schoolgirl toast” be interpreted - for non-toast foods (like a pizza slice or a poptart, if held in the mouth)? For characters with food-in-mouth running late for something other than school?

Related, late seems to be getting used for mixed meanings, sometimes “behind schedule” and sometimes “in the middle of the night”.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
I’m running into a lot of images where the image is a transformative edit because the original static image was animated. Too often these were getting tagged as collaborations, when the original artist didn’t actually collaborate (or even agree) to the animated version of the image.

To help map these, and to make sure that they are getting handled as possibly transformative copyrights during takedowns, I’ve created the “Animation Edit” tag.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@TexasUberAlles  
hard disagree on setting the bar for ‘transformative’ so low that ‘making it wiggle a bit’ is considered a new image with a new copyright.

That is not what I am referring to. I am talking about animations where there is additional artwork involved and there is an arguably transformative copyright, not simply a derivative copyright. They had been mistagged collaborations in some cases, but are actually just animators editing original works. They are similar to ‘colored edits’ where someone colored a lineart.

As for the rest of your post, please dial back the belligerence. If someone actually did what you are suggesting we would delete it for Rule #1.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Derpy Whooves  
If someone actually did what you are suggesting we would delete it for Rule #1

Canonically, no you wouldn’t. I dunno, maybe it’s different now that Archonix isn’t on staff anymore, but y’all have historically been perfectly fine with keeping pale skin humanized color edits where the editor comes into the thread specifically to brag about having done it because they thought brown-skinned humans are ugly, and doing it with images where the original artists have dropped out and can’t be contacted.
Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@TexasUberAlles  
I’m going to have to reiterate what was said here, to report these alleged images; that’s a clear violation of:
Do not upload edits without either permission (ideal) or a reasonable expectation the artist is okay with them; by default, before considering their past art/behavior/statements/etc., it’s expected artists aren’t okay with changes to … or huge thematic changes like majorly changing which …, races, or … are in an image.
And I’m telling you this as the person who wrote that part of the rule a while back; it doesn’t mention changing races in an image specifically for no reason.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Derpy Whooves
If someone actually did what you are suggesting we would delete it for Rule #1

I dunno, maybe it’s different now that Archonix isn’t on staff anymore

You should charge me rent.

e: I dropped a report, but it would probably be a good idea to put a description on 2020 stating it’s only meant to be used for images that reference the year directly. Someone is being silly with it.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
What’s the deal with 2020 and 2020’s tags and why is one user (you can see his name in tag changes) adding them to everything uploaded lately?

Edit: Not just 2020, but 2010’s too. I have no idea what he’s really trying to achieve. You can specify upload timestamps in searches, so tagging years isn’t very useful.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@JP  
dunno, but mass tagging tools are pretty handy for cleaning it up. I don’t recall if that’s a hangover from my mod powers or if it’s something everyone has now. I reported it, but it seemed better to clean it up in the meantime.

tagging while on a call with a not-quite-client… how’s that for efficiency?

Hey. He’s added 2017 to a bunch as well. What is this guy doing? He’s literally tagging the year and decade every picture was uploaded.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Archonix  
That was some sweet and swift multitasking.

Someone should talk to him, about unnecessary manual tag mass edits.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide