General Tag Discussion

Ponylooker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Platinum bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We Crossdress Harder
How should >>2457375 be tagged? There is clearly ponut and vulva, but with all detail removed, which should make it questionable according to the Tag Guidelines page, but it’s impossible to tag the body parts because they imply explicit.

Naturally it was uploaded as Safe, which…no.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Ponylooker  
It is possible to have a tag on a picture without any of its implications. You add just the tag, save it, then edit tags again to remove the implied tags.

But I think @Yoshimon1 is right that that pic should be “featureless crotch” instead.
Ponylooker
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Platinum bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

We Crossdress Harder
@radpanic  
A featureless crotch would be smooth and round. This has the distinct shapes of genitalia, but without the holes.

And it’s not that I haven’t tried adding the tag and then changing it, it’s that it’s impossible to add a tag that implies explicit when the image is already tagged with a different sex rating. You get an error message. Though now that it’s not the middle of the night I’m starting to realize I should be able to just change the order of operations to get around it.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Ponylooker  
There is a separate thread for ratings. Suggestive and Questionable are both contenders here, with the former probably best given the lack of detail.

@Yoshimon1  
I think bulges like that count as “features”.

@Ponylooker  
You don’t tag actual “anus” and “vulva” for this kind of case, because they’re missing normally-expected detail. For this, “implied anus” and “implied labia” are the best fits.

@Litrojia  
Personally I hate all the butt pun tags, especially when they’re super vague like that (AJ is not the only pony whose name starts with “apple”), but I don’t see why it wouldn’t apply to the specific image. Regardless, “plot” applies when there is a plot, no focus necessary (keep it simple, stupid; people need ways to search for every screencap with a butt in it).
Background Pony #52BA
With the game Among Us’ popularity and the related growing memetic use of “sus” (short for “suspicious”), should sus as shorthand for Sunset Shimmer be revoked?
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #91Z0  
Not @ you but  
Who the hell cares about the identity of the hooves on the foreground? What is the benefit of tagging them, and why does that benefit tip the scale against the drawbacks of tagging such random fractions of incidental characters (like making it harder to find out what character tags may refer to the characters that are actually visible in the background)?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide