General Tag Discussion

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #7C7A  
If the human is offscreen (i.e. not in the image) then the human is not in the picture and shouldn’t be tagged plain “human”. Same as “implied $CHARACTER” should not be tagged “$CHARACTER”. Methinks.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Because of species swaps, we don’t set species implications on characters. It looks to me like Silverlay has been drawn species swapped three times.

@Blissful690  
Done

@Pulse Wave  
I got the last two implications. I’d suggest making a new thread for the alias request, though I agree that those should be aliased. I also found censored dialogue, and I wonder if that tag is useful and should have implications.

@Midday Shine  
I think I like “x’s ceremonial crown” since they’re descriptive. I prefer those to “crown of equestria”, which assigns a title to something that wasn’t titled in the show.

@Knight of the Raven  
Honestly, I’m not sure about whether young draconies can be called colts. My intuition told me no, but I see a few pages of dracony colts, so the question becomes whether those should be tagged as colts.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Because of species swaps, we don’t set species implications on characters. It looks to me like Silverlay has been drawn species swapped three times.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #7C7A  
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Don’t make the same mistake I did when I first joined and tag something solo focus when it’s actually solo, haha.

The other way round may explain why some cropped screencaps were tagged “solo;” they should actually have been tagged “solo focus.” No excuse for the petting uploads though.

@Litrojia  
Yeah, calling them colts sounds off to me too. But so does the alternative, baby dragon. And that’s without the issue that there’s apparently no “child dragon” tag to go between that and teenaged dragon, likely because Spike is called a baby dragon in show when he’s clearly not a newborn anymore in the premiere.

So, not sure whether young draconies should be tagged “colts” (or “fillies”), “baby dragon,” both or have their own “baby/kid/young/etc dracony” tag.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@Background Pony #7C7A
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Don’t make the same mistake I did when I first joined and tag something solo focus when it’s actually solo, haha.

Yes to this :D

The other way round may explain why some cropped screencaps were tagged “solo;” they should actually have been tagged “solo focus.” No excuse for the petting uploads though.

Good truce. :)
Background Pony #7C7A
@Knight of the Raven  
@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Thanks for telling me about the “solo focus” tag. Perhaps the description of the solo tag should mention it? (Added part is underlined.)  
solo
This tag is to be used when there is only one character shown in the image. Note that disembodied or offscreen body parts make an image no longer solo__; use solo focus for such cases__.

BTW it sounds like solo and solo focus are mutually exclusive. I just checked and there are 1221 images tagged both solo and solo focus at the same time.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
@Knight of the Raven
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Thanks for telling me about the “solo focus” tag. Perhaps the description of the solo tag should mention it? (Added part is underlined.)
solo
This tag is to be used when there is only one character shown in the image. Note that disembodied or offscreen body parts make an image no longer solo__; use solo focus for such cases__.
BTW it sounds like solo and solo focus are mutually exclusive. I just checked and there are 1221 images tagged both solo and solo focus at the same time.

That should be fine. 🙂
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
I just mass tagged “umbra pony” on relevant images.

@Knight of the Raven  
Probably best for draconies to have their own tags related to young characters. Also, I found baby dracony with only four images. All of those actually look like babies.

@Background Pony #7C7A  
Added that bit of description, and I’m working on fixing those tags right now.

@Algebroot Neogears  
Made “g3.5” into a yellow tag. All the others were done pretty recently, so I assume that one was just missed.

Also, I probably added that implication to “magic marigold” by mistake. Fixed it.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Litrojia  
Thanks! You are doing great work!

BTW is it not enough to have a pair of tags like “dracony” and “young” on the image?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Blissful690  
go to sleep chrysalis looks like a “calm down satan” snowclone (i.e. a commentary tag, not a content tag) that for whatever reason is limited to abusing/hating on Starlight Shimmer. No idea why it should not be nuked and contents merged to the main shimmer-abuse tag.
Background Pony #0299
@Blissful690  
It spawned off of Go to sleep Garble. I’d argue that it and all the “Go to sleep [BLANK]” tags ought to be deleted as they’re just character abuse tags when we already have those. The one for Garble had a different purpose, it was made to call out one specific user who kept uploading a lot of poorly made images dunking on Spike. Starlight might have a sizable hatedom still, but to my knowledge she’s never had one person make image after image of bad edits dunking on her.
Background Pony #2789
Could someone tell me, how to tell that one uploader, that it’s not an OC, but Golden Feather

>>2577446  
They keep adding OC tag and removed Golden Feather tag, despite the fact, that it’s Golden Feather, not an OC.
Background Pony #0299
@Background Pony #2789  
I think the confusion is coming from a choice the artist made. From what I’ve gathered, this and the other images are from a fanfic where Celestia disguises herself as a pegasus and goes under the alias Sunny Skies, but the artist chose to draw her as Golden Feather instead, so now she’s Golden Feather and Sunny Skies and it’s confusing the heck out of everyone.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide