General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
What does the show call her?
In dialog, “Posey”. But that’s not conclusive; they also say only ‘Pipp”, “Zipp”, and “Sunny”.
In the credits, she’d have to be “Random Pony”.
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Any progress or further thoughts on the “ship:” namespace/prefix?
I almost changed “sugarre” to “sugar” in >>2846718 because I thought it was misspelled. This would not have happened if it was prefixed (“ship:sugarre”).
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@JP
I think the main sticking point is convincing a mod to spend 50 hours doing nothing but aliasing ship names.
It probably could be done programmatically from a list of tags that imply shipping, but it would take admin intervention.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@NICOGAMER3000
:d is supposed to be an open smile with a mouth shaped more or less like a D.
d: is supposed to be a dismayed open mouth frown with a mouth shaped more or less like a D, but the other way around.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
Basically, the booru automatically rendering tags in all-lowercase makes certain emoticons less clear than they should be.
:d should be :D
d: should be D:
(On a related note :t makes more sense when you remember it’s supposed to be :T)
I’m not sure what the difference between “:D” and “open smile” is supposed to be.
Perhaps “open frown” should be an alias for “D:”?
Background Pony #52BA
I have a question, but what’s the difference between :d and open smile?
Resemblance to the :D smiley, which involves shape of the mouth and how widely open it is. Of course, because tags are case-insensitive/always shown lowercase, the direct symbolism gets lost, and “how close is close enough” is subjective…
IMO:

Also, should d: be used as the opposite of the above? And should it imply frown?
In the sense that it’s another common cartoon expression for a mouth that’s straight on the bottom and curved down on top like a D: smiley, yes. That mouth shape can be used on expressions that I wouldn’t call a frown, like surprise or worry.
(On a related note :t makes more sense when you remember it’s supposed to be :T)
As demonstrated by your avatar :D
Background Pony #7C7A
Is there any difference between reaching and reaching out?
If there is no difference, these should be aliased. Otherwise these tags need descriptions explaining the difference.

I have another problem which could use a native speaker of English: bindle, knapsack, napsack. They seem to refer to the same thing: a bundle/sack on a stick. There might be more tags for this item, but my English skills limit my ability to find them. Again, please either alias or describe.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Background Pony #7C7A
A bindle is very specifically a cloth bundle of possessions tied to the end of a stick, stereotypically used by poor or homeless travelers on foot.
knapsack is just a regional synonym for backpack with no special meaning. It is definitely not a bindle.
Napsack is a misspelling of knapsack, but it’s also a trademark for a brand name of wearable sleeping bag but highly unlikely to be a real intended use here.
Moodipone
Artist -

New account
I didn’t know where to put this so,,,
Hi! I’m Moodi! I recently left my old account and made this new account so I can have more organization with my new art style… I’ve made three art pieces so far but I still can’t add my artist tag! It says the tag does not exist when clearly, it does. Could you maybe message me and help me, somecreature?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide