General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
What is the policy for tagging the contents of a cutie mark? I know you only tag cutie marks it when they’re separate (like a reference sheet), but if an OC has a potion bottle for a cutie mark, would you tag ‘potion bottle’? I did so a while ago, but I’m starting to think that was wrong.
Background Pony #52BA
@Brainless-Mind
Having now thought about it a bit, here’s my opinion:
horseshoes are a roughly crescent strip of strong material (usually metal) intended to be attached to the bottom of hooves, or the shape/symbol associated with those. They are not hoof shoes or shoes.
hoof shoes are wearable items that cover more of the hoof and are not affixed to them (can be readily taken off).
hoof boots are similar but go farther up the leg, in the same way shoes and boots are different.
hoof shoes could be tagged along with shoes if their design resembles a pony adaptation of humanesque shoes, eg. with soles, or heels, a tongue, or laces, or velcro, etc. A hoof shoe design that is unlike humanesque shoes, such as princess shoes, should not get the tag shoes.
The my:posts keyword gives results for the logged-in user; you’d want to link a search for posts from you that other people can see.
Background Pony #7C7A
Thanks for your input. Now everyone really can see my past questions.
OK, but I will skip NSFW stuff and I’m not going too far back.
I’m not sure which of these tags should be aliast to which.
No idea. Please open a new thread.
I’m here with another alias suggestion.
Thanks. Please open a new thread.
Which would you say is superior for a Nightmarified Princess Cadence?
I’d say Nightmare Cadence as the main tag and Nightmare Heart aliased to it. Please open a new thread to request the alias.
What is Catrina exactly? Is she a cat, an Abyssinian, or something else entirely?
An anthro cat. Most likely not an abyssinian.
For the past several weeks, I have been bringing this tag up to speed and created a new tag to go alongside it:
I have been using the first tag for instances where a tail hole can clearly be seen or the outline/implications of one are present.
I have been using the second one (which I made) for times where a tail can be seen protruding from clothing, but there is no implication of a hole present.
Have I been using these tags in the correct manner?
Looks good to me. The only thing that seems disputable is which tag to use when a tail is directly shown to be protruding from clothes, but no special hole is shown. I think I would tag this as “tail hole” and leave “implied tail hole” for cases where the interface between tail and clothes is not shown, but there must be a hole in the clothes for the tail to stick outside clothes. (As opposed to normally sticking out from clothes where no special hole is needed.)
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
What is the policy for tagging the contents of a cutie mark? I know you only tag cutie marks it when they’re separate (like a reference sheet), but if an OC has a potion bottle for a cutie mark, would you tag ‘potion bottle’? I did so a while ago, but I’m starting to think that was wrong.
In general the contents of cutie marks are not tagged, if it’s on a character. If it’s just standing alone as a closeup or the image of the mark itself, sure.
This is my personal opinion.
plush pony could use a description, and a reference to pony plushie.
How is this “Artwork of a character that’s a living plushie doll, not an IRL plushie doll.”
This tin can bird now has a name.
There’s a thread for official character names. It’s been updated now.
@Brainless-Mind
Hair tie is done. Greenhouse was done some time ago.
Background Pony #75DB
@JP
While I’m aware that some alternative imageboards use that tag to say “this image is imported from Derpibooru”, I have no idea why it would end up back here…
Background Pony #7C7A
@JP
My guess is that someone is syncing tags between different image boards and accidentally adds this tag, which is later removed.
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
What is the tagging policy on language? Should all tags be in english?
For example, oc:明珠 exists, which is romanized to “Míngzhū”, or translated to “Pearl”. Do you leave it, romanize it, or translate it?
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@UnderwoodART
I don’t know if there is any established policy.
There is a bit of precedent for artist tags. If the artist’s name is in a non-Latin writing system—like artist:徐詩珮 or artist:龙宠—then we’ll make the romanized or translated version of their name an alias. So maybe that policy could apply to OC names as well?
Background Pony #52BA
@NICOGAMER3000
I don’t know about what should count as “socks” or not. You’re definitely right about the description.
However, you should make a new thread with these suggestions.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@LightningBolt
Because the tag is bigger, that’s what they’ve been called for decades, it’s a specific format that is stuck to (ie. the MLP manga), and there are plenty of examples of preferred tags that make no sense without clicking on them. And like I said, it already has the description of “A short comic composed of exactly four panels”, so you only need to mouse over. AND if 4 panel comic is aliased into it, it is what will come up from inputting ‘4 panel’. It’s not illegal to teach people a new, established word.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
I thought 4koma are vertically oriented. While “four panel comic” can apply to comics in any orientation (horizontal, vertial, 2x2). So for that reason alone, the tags should stay separate, and “4koma” should imply “four panel comic” but not the other way around.
Are implications not retroactively added?
Not automatically, no. When the staff make imply another one, it doesn’t affect images that already have just the one tag, so users have to go back and add the implied tag manually.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide