General Tag Discussion

JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
A new tag cleaning job for anyone who wants to rack up metadata edits: fixing the incorrect use of windows, when they meant window. Not all of them are incorrect, so watch out for computers. And sometimes both apply.
I fixed a bunch of them, then I realized there are too many.
EDIT: Perhaps the former tag could be renamed to “microsoft windows”? That would prevent the mix-up.
Deserter
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
I had the same problem with “feral” and e621 and other furry site users putting it in normal pony pics, I tried fixing it, but there’s way too many of them.
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@JP
I went and did that, and also fixed and added aliases for all Windows versions that exist here as tags. (No Windows 11 tag yet strangely enough.)
Posted Report
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Deserter
Nobody tags those like that, and nobody actually searches for that.*
Thousands of millions of people know what feral means in the sense of furry terminology, the minuscule amount of times someone is looking for an actually feral animal in art, it isn’t like there can be a suffix added to the end of it to differentiate between them.
Changing away from things being tagged feral because you personally disagree with it for the .1% chance someone isn’t actually looking for just quadrupeds is a problem, not the tag name itself, and ‘fixing’ it would be actually causing way more issues.
In my over a decade of tagging on various boorus, not once have I ever seen anyone want to specifically search for feral domestic animals in art, but I have seen even on this very site a struggle to separate non-anthro from anthro and human and a single tag would fix so much and there is already a word that plenty of people already understand.
*I don’t doubt that someone out there does but the number is not that large and would be easily resolved without playing games of reserving tags to that meaning only.
hawthornbunny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

@Background Pony #52BA
Yes, but Derpibooru has tags for specific or memetic occurrences (eg. that pony sure does love books for images featuring Twilight and books, rainbow dash always dresses in style for images of Rainbow Dash wearing clothes, applejack mid tree-buck facing the left with 3 apples falling down for etc. etc.). Luna getting stuck in a dreamcatcher is a minor meme which is unrecognized in tags, so I was looking to tag that.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide