General Tag Discussion

🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
“²” cannot be easily typed on a standard Android/Windows keyboard, which is problematic.
But typing her other name should bring it up in the tag box? I would think so c:
much as I like the superscript, if it’s too cumbersome typing it should probably alias into her other name 😞🙂
JP
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Does anyone know what the ridiculous-looking 👒🕍ocellus tag is for? I can’t read emoji, so I don’t know what it means (“hat building ocellus?”). Looking its change history, it’s probably made by a single BP and I can see some tag fighting.
Background Pony #7C7A
@JP
The building has a David’s Star on it, so I guess it’s supposed to be a synagogue. But it doesn’t seem related to the pictures. Perhaps this person wanted a unique tag to create a personal gallery, using the functionality they already know? I think mods should talk to them.
It looks like they are acting in good faith (uploaded an image with description and tags), but someone should explain galleries to them.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@☬ ᏝᏆᏁᏨᎾᏝᏁᏰᏒᎬᎳᏕᎿᎬᏒᎱᎯᏁ ☬
Why not make the superscript the canonical name and the easy-to-type versions the aliases?
That’s what I was thinking originally, but this user said it’s too hard to type superscript on PC.
oc:dream vezpyre and oc:dream² appear to be synonyms, any insight?
Upon looking into it a little further, the OC owner applied both tags to images which is a bit confusing. It appears the OC owner is deceased, so the best we’d be able to find out is from someone else who was familiar with the character.
Aww wow sorry to hear that, had no clue. My condolences D:
Background Pony #52BA
How much fetlocks qualify as unshorn fetlocks? For example, >>1210308 is currently tagged with it but I don’t think it should.
Also, what would be a good phrasing to tag the old meme of “unshorn fetlocks are titillating”? “unshorn fetlocks (meme)”? “fetlock fetish”? eg. >>20581 and >>34265
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
Unshorn fetlocks has a wide meaning. From long locks of hair to just a slight indication that some hair are covering the top of the hoof. That’s the status quo.
There’s also hoof fluff, which is overlapping with unshorn fetlocks because none of them are defined. For me hoof fluff sounds like it should be used when the hoof is not hard, but just a part of a fluffy, soft leg and there is an increase of fluff on the hoof; as opposed to hair growing above the hard hoof and then flowing down over the hoof.
And yes, I believe the meme deserves its own tag.
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt, @Background Pony #7C7A
I thought “hoof fluff” was for fluff where hooves are supposed to be; almost literally furred hooves >>2612147
@LightningBolt
Nepotism doesn’t matter, but in general, I think canon characters are better for example pictures when possible.

What is the tag twitter link for? IMO, it’s for pictures that have someone’s Twitter account name written in the image (and may or may not have a Twitter logo), to be distinct from the twitter tag itself which is only for images whose content is about Twitter. However, it seems to also be getting used on posts where the source is Twitter or there’s a hyperlink to Twitter in the description. Is that misusing it?
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt
Might also want to set up descriptions/examples for fetlock tuft >>2007060 “An extra burst of hair coming off the back of legs near the hooves, but not surrounding the hooves like unshorn fetlocks do” (and clean up use of the tag, because a lot of the images so tagged are merely ordinary unshorn fetlocks)
and feathered fetlocks >>1931339 or >>1818987, “Feathers near a creature’s hooves, in the manner of fetlocks except they’re feathers, not fur”
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
@LightningBolt
Might also want to set up descriptions/examples for fetlock tuft >>2007060 “An extra burst of hair coming off the back of legs near the hooves, but not surrounding the hooves like unshorn fetlocks do” (and clean up use of the tag, because a lot of the images so tagged are merely ordinary unshorn fetlocks)
and feathered fetlocks >>1931339 or >>1818987, “Feathers near a creature’s hooves, in the manner of fetlocks except they’re feathers, not fur”
I could not remember that term for the life of me; need it for my kirin images. Thank you :)
Background Pony #7C7A
@LightningBolt
It’s OK, the choice of character is not that important.
@LightningBolt
I think it’s best to have 2-3 examples with different art styles and/or different variants of the tagged thing, where applicable. Helps people generalize.
EDIT:
@Background Pony #7C7A
Oh, and sometimes the hoof is not differently colored, but the location of the fetlocks is meant to separate the hoof from the rest of the leg. I consider that to be unshorn fetlocks, not hoof fluff. For example this would be unshorn fetlocks because the hair is above the hoof:

And this would be hoof fluff because it’s not meant to be a visual separator for the hoof, but fluff on the hoof itself:
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide