General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #C997
@Damaged  
I don’t know if this is entirely relevant but both flutterpunk and metalshy are older tags that predate this latest outfit by years.

This also isn’t the first time we’ve seen this outfit for Fluttershy. It showed up a year ago in Rollercoaster of Friendship and the predominant tag being used on it back then was flutterpunk:  

That doesn’t mean a different tag couldn’t be used, of course. That’s just carrying a previous tagging trend forward.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

I thought the official Derpi stance was that EqG characters don’t get any human tags– even though they refer to themselves as “human” in universe– in order to separate them from images of humanized characters which have nothing to do with EqG.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Reminds me I should make those tailed/horned equestria girls tags so I don’t need to keep tagging the humanization versions on my stuff.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@TexasUberAlles  
Except when they’re drawn with regular human dimensions or anime dimensions, then they get the appropriate tags for those but not equestria girls.

Just because it’s Sunset Shimmer or SciTwi doesn’t mean they automatically get the Equestria Girls style tag.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
The latest design of Fluttershy is turning into a little bit of a mess.
Should these be tagged metalshy or flutterpunk? From the video, I got the impression it was a death metal band she was going to see, but people seem to be insistent about tagging this new style with a punk tag. The vibe I’m getting is that people just don’t know what a punk look is.
EDIT: Oh, and add usual rant about people tagging safe images with breasts and girls with C cups as busty*.

And now it’s got goth on it too. I give up. We might as well just alias flutterpunk and metalshy together. People seem completely unable to tell the difference between them.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
People seem completely unable to tell the difference between them.

Considering how much people constantly call me goth and not emo like I really am, I can see that.

Yes all these things share some traits but there are stark differences between them, generally based on context.
Background Pony #5A5A
@Background Pony #A8E1  
I saw someone add the tag “brutalshy”. It was swiftly removed by someone else not long after, but something like that would certainly solve the issue of arguing musical genre.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide