General Tag Discussion

Tide Hunter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Tag the genders
Why does the tag Self Ponidox have the short description of
Two or more versions of the same character are present in the scene (at least one being anthro or pony)
and also the detailed description of
For example, male and female versions, or human and pony versions
given that it is automatically implied by the tags “celestibreaker,”“selfcest,” and “dashblitz”? It needing to include at least one anthro or pony is defeated by how the tags which imply it, like selfcest, dashblitz, etc. can also apply to eqg/humanized versions of the character, which don’t necessarily include a pony or anthro version. Also, some “self ponidox” images include two or more of the same character with no changes (like differing genders or one being anthro and another pony).
Background Pony #8C70
If a comic has alternate versions of some of the pages, do I still tag it as the comic itself (eg. Comic:X), or some other comic name (eg. Comic:X alts)? For a concrete example, this comic. There’s 71 more alternate versions (textless, body writing-less, pierce-less). I haven’t uploaded them yet; would they still use the same comic tag?
Brokedownandmadeone
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
If a comic has alternate versions of some of the pages, do I still tag it as the comic itself?
As far as I know, yes. Because it’s still technically part of the same comic/series. “Art Pack” is another example of the same question.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
Background Pony #B2D9  
Without checking the tags and their uses, IMO “anthro oc” sounds like a bodytype tag and “furry oc” sounds like an origin tag. I’d expect a “furry oc” to both have the anthro bodyplan and to originate from the furry fandom instead of the MLP fandom.

Personally I’m fine with seeing anthro versions of MLP ocs, and ponified versions of any ocs, but would prefer to filter out anthro versions of furry-originating ocs.
Dogman15
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@LightningBolt  
Thanks. I find it funny that you had to do the same thing that one of us would have had to do, and add an extra space. I guess I was expecting you to be able to do it without the extra space, but I suppose that would require editing the HTML of the page.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide