General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
elo isn’t currently in use for any meaning other than electric light orchestra - do you see that it could ever be something else or is it safe to alias away? I mean, there’s equestria light orchestra

I only meant to stay a while~

Also, twilight (song), take me on and on, four little diamonds, strange magic, ticket to the moon, and secret messages are ELO songs and could imply ELO, except maybe the last two because even if they aren’t in use for their literal meanings, they could be, so maybe “ticket to the moon (song)” and “secret messages (song)” are more appropriate.
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Background Pony #F3C9

“Strange Magic” was also the title of a 2015 animated musical… admittedly, directly named after the ELO song. But considering it’s been five years and Derpi doesn’t yet have any “strange magic (cartoon)” crossover fanart, I guess the potential for confusion is pretty low.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Princess Trixie vi Equestria  
thanks ^ ^

BTW any more comments on that earlier post I made?

@icey wicey 1517  
Im not sure if this belongs here or on the character tag general, but should we make a tag for the guard disguise Chrysalis uses in the Summer Sun Setback episode?
We already have a tag for her disguised as Cadance and Crackle Cosette, so it only seems fair that this disguise gets a tag too imo
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@icey wicey 1517  
As far as I am concerned a tag for this character is applicable however I haven’t watched the episode yet so I don’t know if there ever was a canon naming attributed thus unsure what name to give it.

Is there any suggestion? I can officialize the tag once it’s generated.
Background Pony #52BA
So, we’ve got a drawing and two edits:  

At the moment, they are tagged “nipple outline” (and, of course, the implied “erect nipples”.  
It is shown in other images that the features in question are actually overalls’ buttons.  
Of course, the confusion/misleading is intentional and “is the joke”.

Is it right to tag the image for nipple outline?  
The overarching principle of “tag what’s in the image, not what’s explained elsewhere” doesn’t really clarify the situation.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Background Pony #F3C9  
It feels to me that nipple outline could be used on the image only if we’d remove the erected nipple implication for it since we just can’t verify if they are erected or not.

Her accessories are indeed shaped as a nipple and placed on where you’d expect it to be However the fact it is not a real nipple and just an imitation per se could disqualify it. It is likely users would appreciate both results on a search query so there’s that.

I’ll wait on other staff view of the subject
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
Something I’ve seen done multiple ways, but haven’t known for sure which was right: when tagging an image with an offscreen character, do you tag their name as if they are present in the picture?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide