General Tag Discussion

Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@evan555alpha  
But they’re not redundant since you cannot perform math on the width and height during a search.

An image that’s 6000x100, for example, is not absurd res, but 6000x3000 is. There is no way to exclude all images that are below 16 Mpx without making a width/height rule for every pixel combination between 1x16000000 and 16000000x1 that is 16 Mpx.
Deserter
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
Absurd resolution exists so people with low RAM or phones can filter them out so that their devices don’t freeze trying to load them.

You don’t have heads just so your neck doesn’t end in a point, people, use them every once in a while.
Background Pony #52BA
@Wildcard71  
Ah, I must have overlooked the long descriptions and considered only the short descriptions.

@Deserter  
But the site serves lower-res images on initial load, unless you’ve changed your settings…?
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Here’s a batch of tag description and example image proposals, mostly obscure background ponies.

pomf  
>>317517s (merged)  
Onomatopoeia for the sound of e.g. a wingboner, fluffing up or being hit by a pillow. Use this tag only when the word is actually spelled out. See also sproing.

pone  

Another word for “pony”. Use this tag only when the word is actually spelled out.  
(Should be impled by best pone )

poni  
Another word for “pony”. Use this tag only when the word is actually spelled out.

poner  

unnamed pony  
A pony from an official source (not an OC) who doesn’t have a name yet.  
If you happen upon one, don’t just suggest a name in the comments, and don’t just name that pony yourself by adding a tag.  
We have a Naming Background Ponies Thread at the forums. That’s where all the naming happens. If you have a name suggestion, go there and post it. Also, check the list of ponies on the MLP:FiM Wiki for existing names.  
(Should imply unnamed character )

Velvet Light  
(Picture would have to be cropped from this one. )  
Background pegasus mare who first appeared in Leap of Faith. Colour swap of Merry May.

Rain Dancer  

Crowd filler background pegasus mare who first appeared in 2, 4, 6, Greaaat! and has only ever been seen sitting.

Cloverbelle a.k.a. Golden Grove  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who has only ever been sitting in the show. Her first official appearance was in Equestria Games, but she was first drawn by TheArtrix as early as January, 2012.

Cocoa Caliente  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who first appeared in Equestria Games and has only ever been seen sitting. Colour swap of Lemon Hearts.

Bluebonnet  

Background earth pony mare who first appeared in Hearth’s Warming Eve. In The Washouts, she faints when Rolling Thunder winks at her.

Minty Green  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who first appeared in Equestria Games and has only ever been seen sitting.

Distant Star  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who first appeared in The Cutie Re-Mark and has only ever been seen sitting.

Minty Hearts  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who first appeared in The Cutie Re-Mark.

Stella Nova  

Background unicorn mare who first appeared in The Cutie Re-Mark. An acquaintance of a younger Cheerilee.

Sunshine Petals  

Background unicorn mare who first appeared in Rarity Takes Manehattan selling flowers.

Minty  

One of the most popular old-generation ponies who has been in every generation except G2 so far and got her own G3 episode, A Very Minty Christmas, from which her obsession with socks originates. She was made into a G4 blindbag in wave 1 already but didn’t appear in the show itself before Sundae, Sundae, Sundae.

Toffee Swirl  

Crowd filler background pegasus mare who first appeared in Newbie Dash and has only ever been seen sitting. Colour swap of Rainbowshine.

Sundown Skies  

Crowd filler background pegasus mare who first appeared in Newbie Dash and has only ever been seen sitting.

Cherry Cream  

Crowd filler background unicorn mare who first appeared in Newbie Dash and has only ever been seen sitting.

Lavender Bloom  

Background earth pony mare from Manehattan who looks a lot like Daisy except for mane style and clothing. Appeared for the first time in Rarity Takes Manehattan.

Cherry Gold  

Crowd filler background earth pony stallion from Equestria Games who is definitely not MandoPony. Nobody knows how he got there.

Salt Water  

Background earth pony mare who first appeared in Trade Ya!.

Huckleberry Belle  

Background earth pony mare who only appeared in Trade Ya!.

Peach Melba  

Background earth pony mare who only appeared in Trade Ya!.

Cinnabon  

Background earth pony mare who only appeared in Trade Ya!. Colour swap of Bon Bon.

Lilac Notes  

Background unicorn mare who only appeared in Trade Ya!.

Lucky Charm  

Crowd filler background earth pony mare who only appeared in The Washouts and has only ever been seen sitting.

Cloudburst  

Crowd filler background earth pony mare who first appeared in The Washouts and has only ever been seen sitting.

Snowslide  

Background pegasus mare who only appeared in Winter Wrap Up. Mane/tail colour swap of Sassaflash.

Icy Rain:  

Background pegasus mare who only appeared in Winter Wrap Up. Colour swap of Sunshower Raindrops.
Fleetfoot
Fleetfoot - For Patreon supporters
Perfect Fleetfoot Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ saucy Fleetfoot images with 350+ upvotes (Perfect Pony Plot Provider)
Woona - To my most special somepony~
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Responsible Disclosure - Lessons from Furbi

Senior Moderator
Fletch the Enfield
@Pulse Wave  
Hey!

That was a lot of tags, thank you very much for compiling such helpful descriptions!

Only pending matter is the Cloverbelle a.k.a. Golden Grove situation, we have been aliasing the minor characters with more than one character tag and when we’re done checking on this we’ll finish the description.

All others are good to go! cheers~
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
I wasn’t sure if this question is for this thread or ratings thread, so I post it here.

I noticed cum tag no longer implies explicit tag, even if the description on explicit suggests that existence of this tag must have this rating
Pulse Wave
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Speaking of separation, Neon Lights refers to both a background stallion and neon illumination. As far as I can see, the pony is more common, so I suggest retagging the latter. Or if Mod-Fu™ facilitates it, leave neon lights for the illumination and change the pony occurrences to neon lights (character) (just let me know in this case because I’m watching that tag).
Binkyt11
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.

Sleep isn't real.
[Long Glimmer](/tags/long+glimmer) should be aliased into [Long Starlight](/tags/long+starlight) since that’s official name per-say for the trend (#LongStarlight) and should imply [Starlight Glimmer](/tags/starlight+glimmer) and [Long Pony.](/tags/long+pony)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide