General Tag Discussion

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

>>2368491

Why does an image with a filly in a guillotine repeatedly keep having the safe tag put back on it instead of the semi-grimdark it quite clearly deserves? That is absolutely not the kind of content that should be visible in the Default filter that little kids are seeing when they come here.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@TexasUberAlles  
I see someone’s not using the right thread.  
Anyway, the short of it is that society is perfectly fine with showing danger of bad stuff in kids’ media, it’s the bad stuff itself that can’t be shown, and the ratings should reflect this.

Do you think the site shouldn’t be showing these official MLP manga volume 2 panels to kids?:  

(next is a slightly later panel window, and without coloring)  

There’s a panel not uploaded yet that has them try to do it for real while she’s distracted by a ladybug, before Doctor Whooves comes to the rescue.  

The whole sequence of pages can be found here.

As well, kids’ media is free to pretend to show a character’s been decapitated, so long as it’s not really the case.  

Something similar happens in Just For Sidekicks, where Scootaloo asks where Tank’s head is, and a very concerned Spike busts in seeing Tank sans head with a bit of red by the opening in the shell, but then Tank pokes his head out as Scootaloo remarks she just forgot he could do that.

There’s also the 2017 movie if you want to look at dark stuff in general. The mane 6 nearly drown, a Storm King guard is seen covered in flames as he falls over, and the Storm King himself ends up as a severed obsidian head in front of the camera. I’m not really sure how characters in guillotines is worse.

Now, in most FiM stuff, the character is shown fine afterwards, which you could say as why the Pinkie thing is fine, but in addition to not working for the stuff that happens to the bad guys in the movie, you can see this is clearly not the case for decapitation in general in other kids’ media, like Star Wars: Rebels (rated TV-Y7), Dan Vs. (rated TV-Y7), or Chicken Run (rated G). All heavily imply the act and do not show the characters fine afterwards; they simply don’t show the characters again at all, which strongly suggests it’s the gore and suffering that kids’ shows can’t show, not the setup.
TexasUberAlles
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

The expanded tag description for out of character should be changed to include “Any user who adds this tag is probably ass-mad that a canon character from a show subtitled ‘Friendship Is Magic’ was used to express an anti-racist sentiment.”, since that is objectively 99.9% of the motivation behind anyone that’s added it in the last two weeks.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@TexasUberAlles  
I mean, you could just report it for tag vandalism. There’s already a tag for mouthpiece. If such “wildly out of character” things warranted that tag, surely it would need to be on every image rated above safe (along with 99% of the non direct screencap images on here).⸮
TexasUberAlles

@Damaged  
Seven out of the last ten reports I’ve filed have been for fairly obvious Rule #2 violations and not much has been done about any of them, I rather doubt that pointing out the undeniable fact that channer dreg BPs are brigading BLM and general anti-racist uploads lately will have much of an effect beyond the backstage downvote-locking that’s already being done.
Background Pony #D08D
So a mod just removed the All cops are bastards tag from a pic that has RD wearing a bandana saying just that? What.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Background Pony #C494  
The tag typed out in its entirety has only ever been used once - on that image, which was uploaded less than an hour ago. Please dial back the hyperbole and please pick one and only one way to present yourself in this thread. If you want to be anon here, stay anon now. But please don’t jump back and forth.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide