General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@JP  
oc, solo, -oc only -> 52720 total ಠ_ಠ

Although, I’ve wanted to ask, by what measure is “solo”? For example, solo’s description mentions “offscreen body parts” (ie. solo focus) - what if there’s a speech bubble from an otherwise unseen character? What if the character is referred to by text?  
What about when a character is depicted but not “present”, eg. on a poster or in-scene-context toy?  
Are “self *dox” and “multeity” compatible with “solo”?  
Should “multeity” be used only when the character is actually supposed to be duplicated in-scene, or also when it’s clearly a composite of discrete images (eg. “sketch dump”, expression practice, turnarounds, collages, reference sheets, comic panels)?

(explicit) - solo, or solo focus? Right now it’s solo focus, but I think it should be solo.  
- solo, or solo focus? Right now it’s solo focus, but I think it should be solo.  
- solo, multeity, or both?  
- solo, multeity, or both?  
- solo?  
- solo?  
- solo?
Background Pony #0299
@Background Pony #52BA  
Those are all “solo”.

Implied characters and off-screen character don’t impact the solo tag unless part of them is actually in view.

Pictures and plushies within an image should be tagged, but otherwise have no bearing on whether an image should be tagged solo or not.
Wildcard71
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Artist -
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

@Panko Pai  
self ponydox  
Two or more versions of the same character are present in the scene (at least one being anthro or pony)

This requires a scene the character is in.  
duality  
Images with two versions of the same character.

This does not require a scene.

OK, the description for multeity is confusing.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
I think I found a problem with the description for multeity:

multeity:  
Multiple copies of the same character in a single scene.
If it’s only a double, see the tag “self ponidox”. For pictures with different versions of the same character (e.g. Fluttershy and Flutterbat together), see the tag “duality”. For pictures where a pony version and humanized/EQG version of the same character appear, see the tag “human ponidox”.
self ponidox:  
Two or more versions of the same character are present in the scene (at least one being anthro or pony)
For example, male and female versions, or human and pony versions
Background Pony #52BA
X on Y action vs. Y on X action - is there a distinction? There are many examples where both orderings are in use, have implications, and are not aliased into one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide