General Tag Discussion

Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
Responding to questions that’ve piled up over many pages:

@Yoshimon1  
Should just be for a female character acting unusually masculine, but it is…a bit of an odd tag.

@Litrojia  
I’m really not sure on this myself…

@icey wicey 1517  
Does it really need one?

@Background Pony #DCA9  
Usually this is used to indicate non-anthropomorphic species on other sites…not sure what we should really use it for.

@Melisareb  
I don’t know about this, since we use it for things like merch.

@JP  
Maybe, but I’m not sure what the tag would be called.

@Litrojia  
I’m against it being OC-specific, personally.

@icey wicey 1517  
I set it to anthro cause of 2 of them appearing to have hooved legs, but it might just be a minor mistake on the artist’s part.

@Markiz93  
It would make more sense to me to just do “flutterdash (transformation)” in keeping with the episode’s title.
Wellwater
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Just a flurry of H₂O
@Background Pony #91Z0  
First, why would you need to actually mention that here, in this thread?

Second, that’s a shipping tag, not some sort of “duo” tag. Why would you add that to those pictures? “Shipping fuel”, sure, whatever. Outright shipping? Uh, no.
Background Pony #36D6
I think, “music in description” should be aliased with / parent to “song in the description”. Or one should be just replaced by another.

Also, there are two sets of tags on this site: “something in the description” and “something in description”. It would be nice if they all be in the same style.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #91Z0  
I think the tag applies when her hat’s on. It’s more meant for when it’s there and not on, but people can just use search negation.

@Background Pony #91Z0  
“Simplistic anus” is rather broad, but I’m not sure that a specific tag is a good idea, since many use more of an asterisk shape than an x (or use a dot), and there’s not really a meaningful difference.  
Possibly the tag should be more restrictive and there should be something for stuff in between a dot and a full thing, but it’s probably good enough as-is.
Background Pony #89E4
Muffins’ name has been confirmed in Pony Life’s ‘Unboxing Day’ episode, so ‘Derpy Hooves’ should be changed to ‘Muffins’. We did the same for Clementine when she was mentioned by name.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide