General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #89E4
@TexasUberAlles  
It’s just that literally no amount of fan outcry is going to change the fact that she’s called Muffins. They’ve even said it in the show now, so why fight it?
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
I believe it’s been stated by a guy who worked on the show at one point that she’s “Muffins Derpy Hooves”. The whole thing’s a mess, and I don’t think we should override, especially off of Pony Life, which is a whole new show and setting. She could easily get called Derpy by IDW and then…welp.
Deserter
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
@Background Pony #89E4  
Because it’s was a marketing ploy to shut up the Karens that were mad that her name was Derpy, so I’ll dead in the fucking ground before I acknowledge it.  
Also, the only time she was actually mentioned by name she was called Derpy, so, y’know.
Background Pony #89E4
Well, Hasbro has the final say and clearly they chose Muffins, sooo I’m not arguing with them whatever the reason they changed the original name.
Deserter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

This cykas my blyats
Also, now that I’ve seen the episode, the way Fluttershy inflected it (“Thanks for the package, Muffins”) makes it sound more like she’s insulting her if you ask me.  
Or the audience, y’all know how these “oh so wacky” reboots can be.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #89E4  
Because it’s a fan-run fan site funded by fans? DB can have any rule its owners decide, and the only things holding them back are basic human decency, the possibility of alienating the userbase (making the site irrelevant and/or severely underfunded) or the staff (making it unmanageable), and the relevant legal bounds. If they decide to not enforce dual tagging or aliasing into a moniker that’s technically the most canonical and official (albeit barely established) for a beloved character widely known by some other name (which was also lowkey made official at some point), it’s totally understandable.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Princess Luna  
On the eye thing, it seems like there’s some existing tags (“eye pop”, “eye popping”, “eye bulging”). I’ll try to sort these out sometimes soon, as it’s quite the mess.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Lately, a certain user (whose name you can see in tag change histories) has been creating all sorts of new “get” and “milestone” tags, for when a certain tag reaches a round number. I’m not sure how useful these tags are, as the milestone will be quickly become obsolete as more images are uploaded.

Here’s a list of these get tags:

tag get (5 images currently)  
tag milestone (also 5)  
millennial milestone (two images)  
millennial number of images under tag (just one image)  
4000 (one image)

All made by one user. Should they be purged, or allowed to stay? They will get misused because their original purpose will be soon forgotten.
Wellwater

Just a flurry of H₂O
@Background Pony #91Z0  
I think they’re referring to the terminology, which is not exactly TV-Y7-friendly, even though the pose could (and does) appear in the show.  
I know in dogs a similar pose is called the “play bow”, which is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. Unfortunately that probably wouldn’t be understood easily here.  
@JP  
I think those tag-milestone tags should all be purged. A comment on the picture is funny sometimes, or even an entire picture once in a while if it’s clever (*opinions may vary on cleverness of linked picture), but not a tag.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Isn’t “face down ass up” just “iwtcird”? (For the uninformed, “iwtcird” stands for ”I Want to Cum Inside Rainbow Dash”)
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Wellwater  
I nuked them. If the user who created starts to whine, I’ll direct them to this thread where they can discuss about the usefulness of those tags.
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
Suggestions for a general high level tag for mix-and-match anatomy crossing species lines (in booru tag category sense)? Examples below

Further discussion needed whether kemonomimi, satyr, and conventional taurs ought be implying this or “demihuman”.

Current tags that would warrant to imply such a tag: human teeth, human lips, pony head on human body, “horsecock on human:/tags/horsecock+on+human, horse genitals on human (and so many more no doubt).
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Busy procrastinating
Three more descriptions:

Tag: bushicorn  
Short description: Unicorn or alicorn hiding in a bush.  
Long Description: Unicorns love to hide in shrubbery. Twilight Sparkle still does.  

(Should imply bush, hiding)

Tag: twilight bushel  
Description: Twilight is best bushicorn.  

(Should imply twilight sparkle, bush, bushicorn, hiding)

Tag: bushanka  
Description: Natural headgear for hiding in bushes.  

(Should imply bush)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide