General Tag Discussion

AnthroPoniesSFM
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Da Magicks! - Merited Fine Arts badge with only their own art
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes

AP
Hey, I’d like to suggest removing the ability for Anon users, to be able to add/change tags under any art, and the reason why’s that is because I don’t like seeing how they can easily add offensive/insulting tags under my or anybody’s art and I can’t even report them for breaking the #0 Rule since they’re Anons.
Background Pony #0299
@AnthroPoniesSFM  
If you’re actually having an issue with tag vandals, just report the image that’s being vandalized and explain that it’s an ongoing problem. You can’t tell who the anons are, but the mods can find out if need be and have the power to block IP addresses if it comes to that.
AnthroPoniesSFM
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes

AP
I’ve already reported it, but if someone is desperate enough to keep doing that they can easily bypass the IP adress ban, because it’s really not that hard to do that.
Brokedownandmadeone
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@AnthroPoniesSFM @AnthroPoniesSFM  
If the re-tagging continues to happen after your report’s closed (and you’re it’s otherwise sufficiently tagged), report it for rule #2 and request the tags be locked to prevent further vandalism.  
Out of curiosity, which images are they? You can link to them here by formatting them like >>###### (example: >>1674037)

Note: you shouldn’t do this for any image arbitrarily. This request should be reserved for seriously [read: very frequently] vandalized/tampered with images.
AnthroPoniesSFM

AP
I don’t wanna report all those posts because some of them aren’t mine, but the reason why I care about them becuase it’s just an attack towards my girlfriend’s OC (with tags like whore, cheater or thot etc.), it only happens once under each post, but recently whenever there’s new art with that character, this anon just adds those tags  
and here I list all those posts  
>>2441455  
>>2417172  
>>2426935  
>>2359655  
>>2359340
Brokedownandmadeone
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we're all equal here!

BigThirsty ponybooru.org
@AnthroPoniesSFM  
Reason I asked for links was to tag them as thoroughly as possible before and if it gets locked. The reports are the staff’s territory.

As for the reports, you are best advised to just report an image for Rule 2 (click the “reports” button under the “source” part), then link the others in the report. Unless I’m corrected and it’s better to report them all.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@AnthroPoniesSFM & @AnthroPoniesSFM  
Thank you for letting us know about that.

Sending an email to ops really doesn’t go to the right team. Next time, please click the ‘Report’ link on the image, and report them for Rule #2. Reporting one is enough, we can follow the BP’s other behavior on the site to see what else they had done.

In this case, it was someone who has been doing this on some images repeatedly for four months, so we really prefer to get them off of the site.

We’ve fixed the tags on the images you linked, and on the other images that person vandalized, and have locked those tags so it can’t happen again.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Background Pony #91Z0  
What you’re missing is that anthro are anthropomorphised animals. They’re animals, given human-like (anthropomorphic) attributes and features, to a greater or lesser degree.

Humans are humans. They might be humanised MLP characters, but that’s not all they are.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #91Z0  
Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.  
“Anthro” is the common abbreviation for “antropomorphic animal”, although strictly speaking antropomorphism can apply to anything that’s not already human to begin with. Most anthros are animal-based though. Furries are an adjacent term to anthro, but not totally interchangeable–the former refers to a specific subculture and its conventions and tropes are not the end-all be-all of the wider spectrum of anthro.

The degree of antropomorphisation varies greatly. At the low end of the scale we have animals with human-like, but distinctly non-human intellect and cultures (e.g. Watership Down), animals that emote like humans (e.g. the horses in Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron), animals that are fully animal-shaped but have human-like inner lives and culture (e.g. Lion King), and animals that on top of that also do “people things” such as wear human clothes, have human technology, while retaining a very animalistic anatomy (e.g. Peter Rabbit).

MLP features a universe of ponies that are already rather anthropomorphised with their emotes, gestures, inner lives and society, and brought closer to human anatomy in the face region. This is the baseline for the tagging definitions on Derpibooru. When we say “pony” we mean an MLP, low degree anthro pony; not the Equus ferus caballus of our own world. For characters rendered closer to the non-antropomorphised end of the human-anthro-animal spectrum, we have tags like “hoers” and “realistic anatomy”. Probably others as well, but this is already turning out a big ole post.

For Derpibooru purposes, “pony” characters are quadrupedal, but for the sake of cartooning or gags do occasionally stand bipedally for short periods.

Then, a “semi-anthro” is generally shaped just like a “pony”, but are bipedal. Since they tend to carry things with their forelegs and be posed like humans, “semi-anthros” often have somewhat altered limb anatomy, bringing the elbows and knees closer to the halfway point on each leg.

Once a character’s anatomy departs from “pony” more than the small adjustments in limp proportions for “semi-anthro”, i.e. has clear elements of human anatomy, we tag “anthro”. This is probably the widest scope, as it ranges from slightly elongated “semi-anthro” all the way to pony-coloured humans with sorta ponyish heads.

An “equestria girl” is otherwise human, but has pony colours.

A “human” generally has no discernible non-human anatomy, however the category does allow for non-human peripheral, “accessory” anatomy such as animal ears, tails, and fantastic elements like wings and horns. If these are included on a “human”, that is to be tagged accordingly. In this sense, Derpibooru tagging considers “kemonomimi” a subclass of “human”.

On the scale below, 1 is “pony”, 2 is “semi-anthro”, 3 and 4 are “anthro”, and 5 is “human”.  
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide