General Tag Discussion

Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
Should flashbacks to previous episodes also be tagged with the episodes’ names?

Mainly saying this because of the song from “Sportacular Spectacular Musical Musak-ular”, as parts of the song contain raw footage from previous episodes.
Nightmare Fuel
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

doesn't like much
there is a tag called “it came from deviantart” which pokes fun at low-quality art. but there has been a background pony who i may know who it might be who has been using the tag as a source for deviantart-based arts. it’s not only pointless because you can already search art by sources, but they also tag stuff based on things they like or old stuff (i.e., gravity falls and lazlo stuff)  
i don’t know if this is the right place to ask, but should the tag be removed altogether, or should only the ones that the background pony have been adding been removed? i’m personally all for a removal either way
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #52BA, @Wildcard71,  
@evan555alpha, @Damaged, @evan555alpha

Now that pixel count is a searchable attribute, could someone with The Power mass-tag for missing absurd resolution tags and missing high res tags?

BTW, it’s a bit odd that one is aliased into the version with the full word “resolution” and the other is alised into the abbreviated “res”.

Similarly, since we can search and filter by aspect ratio, should thumbnail is a stick be either nuked or mass-tagged to relevant untagged images? (I’ve arbitrarily picked a ratio of 8, IMO a good cutoff; the tag is in use down to around 6 though. The mass of exclusions are because they are actually normal-looking in their horizontal format.)

Princess Luna
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@saby  
I don’t think a general tag for it is necessarily good, since new species are often themselves made of mix-and-match anatomy, like griffons.

@Litrojia  
Ultimately I think we need to redefine “semi-anthro”, because currently it’s a bit restrictive and very little fits it. Probably needs to be more directly in-between feral forms and anthro, as opposed to currently being very, very close to feral forms, to the point it should probably be on screencaps. At any rate, that isn’t it.

@Litrojia  
I used to tag that ages ago. I think it has some purpose aside from shipping in that it can denote actual romance versus just sex, though it’s in a weird spot ever since we began excluding shipping from non-consensual stuff. It should definitely be merged with similar tags, at any rate.

@Algebroot Neogears  
Yes.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

The “Lickety Split” character tags are messy. There are three tags to describe two characters (a G1 pony and a G4 pony).

lickety split - 276 images, including ~184 for the G1 pony  
lickety-split - 24 images, including 23 for the G1 pony  
lickety split (g4) - 11 images, all are for the G4 pony. Notably this tag is the only of the three not to be marked as a character tag.

My hunch is that the G1 pony should be given “lickety split”, the G4 pony should be given “lickety split (g4)”, and “lickety-split” should be aliased to “lickety split”. Alternatively, a “lickety split (g1)” tag could be made.

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Litrojia  
According to My Little Wiki, the G1 pony’s name is formatted as Lickety-Split.

I would put priority on the G1 pony for main tag as they have more images and are (arguably) more well known, while the colt can get (g4).

Or do it the other way around, it doesn’t matter, but one needs a suffix even if they are spelled differently. I still think (g4) is better.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@LightningBolt  
This is pretty much my line of thinking. Having the two characters’ tags only distinguished by a hyphen would be confusing for uploaders, and the G1 pony should have priority for a simpler tag since she’s more popular. I don’t really care about either character, so any way it’s sorted out is fine with me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide