General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
the same person

Might want to have a look through their uploads, they have used several other tags which, let’s say, aren’t inaccurate but also aren’t used (yet?) by anyone else. several of which are related to vore which I am not knowledgeable about, in order to retag more usefully
Background Pony #52BA
The tags avo and aivo - both maintained by one user and BP - seem to mean the same thing, which I would guess is short for “AI voice”, to be an overarching tag for the products of software including, but not limited to, fifteen.ai

Does it seem like a useful tag? And should they be merged/aliased?

On a related topic, are the pony machine learning project, pony preservation project, and pppv the same thing or separate projects?
Yoshimon1
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Background Pony #52BA  
Could be a useful tag, but only with a more descriptive name instead of some random abbreviation. Maybe synthesized speech or something like that. Though I think we’d have to find a way to distinguish it from regular TTS stuff like the good old Moonbase Alpha memes.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
Why there are so many cute tags? I mean, that’s what sells, but there’s cute, dawwwwww, weapons-grade cute, and probably other that I am forgetting about. It’s some kind of levels of cute? Or all mean the same thing?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Pulse Wave  
This is complex, because when a character has two names, we set them to imply each other (ie. bon bon and sweetie drops). With three, that approach gets messy, so aliasing may be better. Also, both Honeysuckle and Glamour Gleam are somewhat official, though neither appeared in the show. This was discussed among staff, and I don’t think any resolution was reached, but I’ll keep it on my radar.

@Algebroot Neogears  
That would be my guess, though neither are very clearly-defined. I added short definitions to somewhat codify that, though they’re still loose definitions.

@Background Pony #52BA  
Searching “Aivo” shows me results for a company that specializes in AI. I don’t know if the vocal samples under that tag are based on their services or not. I can’t find anything relevant from searching “avo”. Anyways, there is significant overlap between these tags and 15.ai posts, though a few aren’t. Maybe a generalized AI voice tag would be useful, though maybe not these since both are probably acronyms used by very few people.

The latter two of those three tags are definitely the same thing and should be aliased. The third I’m not sure.

On a related note, what’s the difference between the Pony Preservation Project and 15.ai, if anything? They seem related, though one is from /mlp/ and the other is from MIT, which is an odd combo.

@FliegerFaustToP47  
People like to have tags to mean “very cute”. A few have already been aliased into cute and the tags that you listed, and your tags imply cute. I think they’re useless and pretty unusable tags since “very cute” is even harder to categorize than “cute”, but people like to have them, and other tags would probably take their place if we aliased all of them into cute.
Yoshimon1
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
On a related note, what’s the difference between the Pony Preservation Project and 15.ai, if anything? They seem related, though one is from /mlp/ and the other is from MIT, which is an odd combo.

/mlp/ anons collected, transcribed and sorted hours of clean voice samples from the show for many different characters. Using those, the PPP then tried to train a network based on some existing architecture with some success iirc. But they later also provided the curated dataset to 15.ai when either they heard about that project or 15.ai approached them, not sure.
Dogman15
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I'm not famous.
@Yoshimon1  
15 (the person) approached them, I think. Other than that, your summary is pretty accurate. PPP’s goals are slightly different than 15’s goals.
Background Pony #6D10
Tags are logged, any mod pls?

NSFW  
>>2274401  
Can someone please add the tag  
casual sex  
to this?  
It absolutely fits the bill and would be nice if it could be found with it.

And  
sexually oblivious  
for Twily
Background Pony #52BA
Could the tag description for wing covering be updated to mention wing blanket and wing umbrella (and/or wing shelter), and possibly winghug (though that one’s less likely to be confused), as the alternatives for when it’s not about covering up nudity?

Related: is it useful to have wing blanket, wing umbrella, and wing shelter distinct? IMO blanket would be for when the wing is touching, umbrella when it’s specifically blocking falling stuff (rain/snow/Derpy’s latest dropped items), and shelter as a parent tag to the other two + wing simply above the shelteree…but that may not be important to keep separate.
Background Pony #53A8
Hello, may I ask what the tag “Not Rainbow Dash” means? It is for some kind of OC that looks strkingly similar and needs it to avoid confusion?
Background Pony #0299
@Background Pony #53A8  
Pretty much. There’s an entire set of tags for “Not INSERT CHARACTER” that are specifically for OCs who’s design could reasonably get them mistaken for another character.

We’ve been using the “Not INSERT CHARACTER” tags for any pictures that are entirely AI generated, so if you’re seeing a lot pictures that really look like Dash but are tagged “Not Rainbow Dash”, check to see if the artist is artist:thisponydoesnotexist, because that means they’re AI generated and as a general rule we don’t tag those as the character they look like as the likeness is a coincidence of an algorithm.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Yoshimon1  
@Dogman15  
Thanks for the explanation. I was wondering if PPP tags and 15 tags could be merged, but the answer seems to be no.

@Background Pony #52BA  
I removed the vast majority of images from the “wing covering” tag since they don’t fit the purpose of the tag. I also gave “wing blanket” and “wing umbrella” descriptions. Adding those other tags into the description of “wing covering” might stop some people from misusing the tag, but I think the purpose of “wing shelter” needs clarification first. I don’t know how to define it.

@saby  
Added this implication.

@Markiz93  
Yeah, people seem to be just throwing every fat-related tag on some images. Not sure how to prevent people from doing that, but I removed the chubby tag from everything that was also tagged “obese” and “solo”. Also, added those implications.

@Background Pony #52BA  
Those first three could probably get aliased. Thick is a different body type though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide