General Tag Discussion

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@saby  
The fact that some of them describe multiple OCs is irrelevant, as their descriptions only belong to one specific OC AFAIK. The description for Aero refers to a character we’ll likely never be seeing again and is owned by an artist who refuses to be associated with the site, I still believe at least that one should have the description reset and implications removed.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Wiimeiser  
Why delete them though? At least they help distinguish these OCs from other similarly named OCs. Unless, I’m not aware of something, there is literally no benefit to deleting descriptions.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Wiimeiser  
No I mean the descriptions include more than one entries. It’d be helpful to know which entry you propose should be removed in such cases where multiple ocs with the same name are described.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@saby  
In that case; the following descriptions are the ones I’m talking about:  
oc:aero  
oc:parlay  
The rest don’t have them, it turns out.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA  
Some of these images appear to be “historically significant”, but some of them seem to be random, at least to me. I think it’s at least partially opinion-based. It might be better to convert it to a gallery.
Background Pony #7C7A
The hoof hold and dexterous hooves tags seem to both mean the same thing in practice: “hooves holding objects as if hands were holding them”.

The hoofsies tag is simultaneously used for the hoof-stamps from Coloratura, the word “hoofsies”, the hoof version of footsies or just hooves being present on the image. At least the latter doesn’t belong here.

Many of the marking tags are duplicated, mostly because of “marking” vs “markings” versions. For example facial markings / face markings / facial marking / face marking

EDIT: I’m surprised to find only two tags for items attached to hooves: hoof attachment and hoof strap . Are there more common tags for this that I didn’t think of?
radpanic
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
What’s the policy again on tagging pictures for character traits that are intended by the artist, but not necessarily visible in the pic itself?

Specifically I’m thinking of this artist who draws humanized Scootaloo with a prosthetic leg. For example, here: >>2557094 Hence the “prosthetic leg” and “amputee” tags. Makes sense.

Then there’s:  
>>2557399t (deleted)  
Same artist, same interpretation of Scootaloo, and the artist added the “prosthetic leg” and “amputee” tags themselves. But the prosthetic isn’t visible in the pic because Scoots is wearing long pants that cover it. So should the tags be on there or not?
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@radpanic  
IMO on the par of tagging “lesbian” on a random solo picture because you personally think the character swings that way, or “marriage” on a random solo picture of adult Mrs Cake just because she’s canonically in matrimony.

Tag what’s in the image, not meta info about the artist’s headcanon/original canon.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Wiimeiser  
Unless an artist tells us to take down tag descriptions, I’d rather not set the precedent of doing so. Artists sometimes do rescind takedowns, and at least for those OCs, images from other artists are still present on the site (we don’t do takedowns of OCs). I removed the broken image links though.

@Background Pony #52BA  
I see value in it, despite it being curated mostly by one person.

@Background Pony #7C7A  
The impression I get on the hoof hold tags is that “hoof hold” refers to objects being held with hooves in any ways, while “dexterous hooves” refers to objects being held or manipulated (ie. playing a guitar or using a keyboard) in ways that hooves shouldn’t be able to do but hands could. If that seems reasonable, I may update their definitions to make that clearer.

On “hoofsies”, the first definitely warrants it, and second probably. Third unlikely, fourth definitely not.

Those marking tags should be aliased.

On your last comment, I don’t know of any synonymous or similar tags.

@radpanic  
The others are correct, and that image should not have those tags. While we have Rule #2’s clause on artist’s intent, that only applies when something is visible but ambiguous in an image, not for cases where external context is required.
Background Pony #52BA
The hoof hold and dexterous hooves tags seem to both mean the same thing in practice: “hooves holding objects as if hands were holding them”.
Yeah, I’d have thought “hoof hold” would be for the general case of holding things between hooves, not hand-like.

“dexterous hooves” is for more than just holding things, though.

Many of the marking tags are duplicated, mostly because of “marking” vs “markings” versions. For example facial markings / face markings / facial marking / face marking
Please feel free to make a thread listing any obvious duplicates so the appropriate mods can set up aliases.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #ED18  
I got quite a few Hetalia characters. Unnamed remain:  
  • angel facing human RD  
  • the trio beneath them  
  • the flustered short haired ch nearby  
  • “I am a pretzel”  
  • poofy lolita dress with fish on head behing large Russia and Japan  
  • sparkly blond bastard next to her  
  • crowned ch “Gilbert is best pony” (might be artist avatar)  
  • cloak “…”  
  • FIRST SQUAD  
  • and the entire bottom slice
Background Pony #7C7A
@Litrojia  
Yes, descriptions would be helpful. There are pictures tagged with “dexterous hooves” that don’t match your description. But if this description is not formal, it can’t really be enforced.

“Hoofsies” could also use a description, so it can be cleaned up.
Background Pony #ED18
I would again like to request help tagging some characters:  

Everyone is tagged I think except for:  
  • any Danganronpa character (the source tagged danganronpa but no names)  
  • if there’s a tag more specific than “pokemon trainer” for the hat-wearing character in the top-left: Pokemon wikis identify them as “Green” or “Blue” depending on region and I didn’t see such a tag  
    -~~ the pink-haired character at the far left, above Fenneko~~ Natsuki (DDLC)  
  • the brown-haired and green-haired characters at the very top, immediately right of the artist’s name  
  • the dark-haired, drooly-mouthed character below aforementioned green-haired character, to the right of Hatsune Miku  
    -~~ the purple-haired, drooly-mouthed character at the far right, below Fionna and above Retsuko~~ Yuri (DDLC)  
    -~~ which lion that is :P~~ has been tagged Nala

The two humans in the middle are the artist and their partner.

Thanks in advance~
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide