General Tag Discussion

Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
sprinkle melody, spring melody and april showers should all be aliased, or at least the last two should imply the first.
Personally I believe they should all be aliased into april showers as that’s my preference, since that was the first name I ever saw for her.
Sprinkle Melody appears to be her official name, though, with the others being secondary.

Sprinkle Medley (“Medley”, not “Melody”, after G1 Medley due to their resemblance) and Spring Melody are both official and already imply each other. The former name was a case of Hasbro taking over the fan name Medley (they had learned their lesson after slapping the name “Heartstrings” onto Lyra back in 2011) and making it easily copyrightable. The latter name must have been a case of “Sprinkle Medley? What kind of name is that? Let’s give her a nicer name” and no knowledge of the origins of the former name at all.

April Showers, as far as I’ve understood, is not the same pony. She’s a similar pony down to the cutie mark, but slightly less saturated, and she has got a different (amber instead of green) eye colour. It was decided at some point that they’re two different ponies, and the fans gave the amber-eyed one a new name.

Whoever made the DVDs didn’t know the difference and used the name April Showers for the wrong pony. The wiki gets this wrong because they can’t be proven right. Because they cling to Wikipedia’s set of rules. Because fan pages such as Derpibooru are no reliable sources of information and may just as well not exist altogether. And because this mistake has never been mentioned by a non-brony on a non-fan site.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
sprinkle melody, spring melody and april showers should all be aliased, or at least the last two should imply the first.
Personally I believe they should all be aliased into april showers as that’s my preference, since that was the first name I ever saw for her.
Sprinkle Melody appears to be her official name, though, with the others being secondary.
Sprinkle Medley (“Medley”, not “Melody”, after G1 Medley due to their resemblance) and Spring Melody are both official and already imply each other. The former name was a case of Hasbro taking over the fan name Medley (they had learned their lesson after slapping the name “Heartstrings” onto Lyra back in 2011) and making it easily copyrightable. The latter name must have been a case of “Sprinkle Medley? What kind of name is that? Let’s give her a nicer name” and no knowledge of the origins of the former name at all.
April Showers, as far as I’ve understood, is not the same pony. She’s a similar pony down to the cutie mark, but slightly less saturated, and she has got a different (amber instead of green) eye colour. It was decided at some point that they’re two different ponies, and the fans gave the amber-eyed one a new name.
Whoever made the DVDs didn’t know the difference and used the name April Showers for the wrong pony. The wiki gets this wrong because they can’t be proven right. Because they cling to Wikipedia’s set of rules. Because fan pages such as Derpibooru are no reliable sources of information and may just as well not exist altogether. And because this mistake has never been mentioned by a non-brony on a non-fan site.

Thanks for clarifying this 🙂

that’s a lot of info though 😮
Background Pony #52BA
Why would “sunset shimmer’s cutie mark” and “starlight’s cutie mark*” have been removed from this image:  

Just due to cleaning up underutilized tags?

*I’d think it ought to be “starlight glimmer’s cutie mark”, though.

I was spurred to ask this because I was about to tag it on >>2529547 but saw the tag for starlight’s cutie mark was not in use anywhere.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
I propose a couple of new tags. Similar to how we already have “tumblr” and “youtube link” for uploads that have a link to Tumblr and YouTube respectively, we should have “deviantart link” and “twitter link” for uploads that have a respective link to DeviantArt and Twitter. Maybe some people don’t want to see stuff from DA or Twitter and add them to their filters.
Background Pony #0FC6
According to the tag description, twilight barkle is for “Twilight Sparkle and Zoe Trent fusion” images.

Does that mean that images like >>1575943 where she’s depicted as a different dog, images like >>1020427 where she’s just a generic dog, and images like >>1936917 where she’s just acting like a dog are all mistagged, or should the tag description be changed to cover all “Twilight Sparkle as dog” images?
Background Pony #0FC6
There’s a typo in the detailed description for mimic:

…and on occasion pots, pouches, and etc to lure travellers. For the G1 character, use ”“mimic (g1)
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
Is it possible for wolf teeth be mass-added to all the wolf, wolf pony, were-pony, werewolf, timber werepony and hengstwolf images?  
Because it fits. 😁

Also, were-pony should probably be aliased into werewolf, as they are implicative of one another but werewolf is used most frequently. 😀
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Wolf teeth have nothing to do with wolves. It’s a vestigial tooth in equids that grows between the large gap between their inscisors and their molars. The tag you’re looking for in those cases is either fangs or sharp teeth

Aww ok. I still used it once on one related, though.

The alias should probably still be done for the other two tags, but thanks. 🙂
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt  
Am I mistaken in my understanding that mods have the capability to mass-tag images, as opposed to regular users who would have to apply them one by one to the few million relevant posts therefore making it nearly irrelevant and uncalled-for to suggest a normal member do so themselves?
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA  
I think they meant that since you can already search for it without tags, tags aren’t really needed.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Apart from what ZONESS said, mass tagging teeth on these images would put these tags also on images where no teeth are visible.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide