General Tag Discussion

LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #52BA  
What? Those are not tags. At all.

@Tarkan809  
That anonymous user is you, again. I didn’t say it the first time as I figured you’d just stop, but you didn’t. Please don’t d that again and also don’t pretend to be two people just to ‘call out’ a lazy anon. This thread is neither for lazy non-tagging nor mocking the lazy non-taggers.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@Background Pony #52BA
What? Those are not tags. At all.
@Tarkan809
That anonymous user is you, again. I didn’t say it the first time as I figured you’d just stop, but you didn’t. Please don’t d that again and also don’t pretend to be two people just to ‘call out’ a lazy anon. This thread is neither for lazy non-tagging nor mocking the lazy non-taggers.

Ooof I didn’t realize that 😮

are you sure that was him Lightning? Now I’m confused since I replied to his comment earlier. 🥺
Tarkan809
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Artist -

Dragonlover, Spike Fan
@LightningBolt  
Ok fine. I’m sorry if I was being so lazy because I don’t know the correct tags.

Please don’t ban me for this. I don’t want to get banned for a second time.

~~%If you found my ID and info and location where I am and %~~~~my true identity||%. I’m gonna flip out %~~||

Also sorry for being salty.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Goodbye guys ;)
@LightningBolt
Ok fine. I’m sorry if I was being so lazy because I don’t know the correct tags.
Please don’t ban me for this. I don’t want to get banned for a second time.
~~%If you found my ID and info and location where I am and %~~~~my true identity||%. I’m gonna flip out %~~||
Also sorry for being salty.

All is forgiven bud.🙂
Background Pony #6D10
@Wildcard71  
Yeah, that’s what I thought, too. But I also thought asking couldn’t hurt because the description just talks about breasts generally and a male “sideboob” is actually possible, heh
Background Pony #7C7A
There is butt only for pictures that show the butt and not much else. But recently I saw butt shot getting through my filters. The latter is mostly the same as the former, but it also seems to mean “image where a butt is prominent”. I think “butt only”/“butt shot” should be aliased because “image where a butt is prominent” is covered by butt already.

Oh, and they should imply “butt”.

That’s a lot of butt in one post…

@LightningBolt  
This is much more entertaining than it should be. :D
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt  
Ah, my brain autofilled the missing verb as “tag” since that’s what the original request was for (and because I’ve previously had the ongoing existence of the “pixiv” tag despite source search functionality explained to me as being for ease of use by less techsavvy members)

@Tarkan809  
In the case you feel like something about an image ought to be tagged but can’t figure out what tags to use, it’s fine to post here asking about those specific things. Not only is that more polite than commanding the rest of us to tag an image, it helps us see what information is needed (so someone who knows about it can address it) and shows a good faith effort on your part to have already tried.
Background Pony #52BA
Is underskirt being used wrong? It seems to be applied like a synonym of upskirt or, in a couple cases, beneath clothes. I thought an underskirt was a particular article of clothing, though I see maybe one image with one (and it’s also an upskirt, so…)
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA  
Probably caused by language barrier (and/or men having no idea about women’s clothing). I assume people were looking for “underneath” or “under clothes”, got “underskirt” in autocomplete and clicked it.

@Tarkan809  
Tracking browsers is not that hard. Cookies, supercookies, screen dimensions, fonts list, user agent string, canvas fingerprinting and many more techniques exist.

@Midday Shine  
None that I know of. I had a quick look at this search but didn’t find anything.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide