General Tag Discussion

Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
I don’t feel like spamming this forum with one of many “x should be aliased to y” threads, so I’ll just post it here. The tag “bubble” should be aliased to “bubbles”, since we already have “star” aliased to “stars”.
Background Pony #7C7A
The recent discussion concluded that we are supposed to tag things that are “obvious” for a given character (except for gender as that might change due to r63 and such). Does this mean that Hitch Trailblazer should imply blaze (coat marking) , socks (coat marking) , pale belly , orange coat and teal mane ?

@Midday Shine  
On the contrary. Be bold. If there is no existing tag for something, you are expected to create one yourself. I’ve created a few myself, one of which has over 2000 images now.

EDIT: is mlem only for the onomatopoeia/sound of mleming or for mleming in general? Because I see it being used like a generic tongue out .
Background Pony #7C7A
@TexasUberAlles  
If I remember correctly, implications don’t have to apply to every single image, there can be some exceptions and users are supposed to check tags after adding them. In case of gender, a considerable amount of images were gender-bent, so implications weren’t warranted. I didn’t remember any pictures omitting the markings. Now I checked and you are right, they are more common than I thought.

But what about mane and coat color? I don’t see artists changing them. Is this something we want to tag? Is this something we want to imply for characters?
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Knight of the Raven  
Those sure don’t look like armor to me, not even unconvincing armor.

@Pulse Wave  
Done, except for the ones that need aliasing, which I’m working to get someone to alias. With those last two, I set up implications without any new names. Both tags get the point across.

@Background Pony #8C70  
Doesn’t look like it. Your best bet is probably searching “power ponies, idw”.

@Background Pony #7C7A  
Added the implications. As for the “butt shot” tag, I don’t think it should be merged with “butt only” since those are limited to images with just butts. I wonder if there’s another tag it could be merged into though. Perhaps butt focus?

@Background Pony #52BA  
I don’t see any difference between those and upskirt. Could probably be merged.

@Midday Shine  
Seconding that I can’t find any. If you have an idea for tag names, maybe run it by here first. Adding a new tag to many images at once without bring it up in the forums is a bad idea since it may lead to duplicate tags and (less often) confusing names.

@Blissful690  
Posts here get buried much more easily than new threads, so doing that instead of requesting them here is preferable. Staff who are able to alias tags (I cannot) don’t look through this thread too often for stuff to merge.

@Algebroot Neogears  
Given that taco belle implies pun, I’d say yeah. Added the implication.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
@Pulse Wave
Done, except for the ones that need aliasing, which I’m working to get someone to alias. With those last two, I set up implications without any new names. Both tags get the point across.

Very good.
Background Pony #7C7A
Added the implications. As for the “butt shot” tag, I don’t think it should be merged with “butt only” since those are limited to images with just butts. I wonder if there’s another tag it could be merged into though. Perhaps butt focus?

IDK, “plotshot” is already aliased to “butt only”. And I don’t see many images that can’t be tagged “butt only” and at the same time have so much focus on the butt that “butt focus” is warranted. IMHO almost every image currently tagged “butt focus” or “butt shot” either falls under “butt only” or doesn’t have that much focus on the butt and warrants only a generic “butt” tag. So I understand the theoretical value of this tag, but it’s not very applicable in practice.
Brainless-Mind

How do you know when to use tags like these?

https://derpibooru.org/tags/christmas  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/hearth%2527s+warming  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/hearth%2527s+warming+eve  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/christmas%2Btree  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/hearth%2527s+warming+tree  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/christmas+lights  
https://derpibooru.org/tags/hearth%2527s+warming+lights

I’m sure that if there is writing, Santa, Santa costumes, regular raindeer or episode stills/recreations inside the images, that makes it more obvious.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Brainless-Mind  
If they’re screencaps, IDW comic scans, or official art (from anything other than that awful “A Pony Kind Of Christmas” album, or Hub/DiscoFam Christmas promos) they should get hearth’s warming or hearth’s warming eve by default, since Equestria doesn’t have Christmas; when I’m tagging images on Tumblr I use Hearth’s Warming by default unless the artist specifically puts “Christmas” somewhere in the art or title.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Algebroot Neogears  
Good call. I added those as implications.

@Background Pony #7C7A  
On one hand, most of the images that I see under “butt shot” show more of the body than just the butt. On the other hand, so do a lot of images tagged “butt only”. Right now, my preference here is to alias “butt shot” and “butt focus”, set “butt only” to imply that, and remove the “butt only” tag from a lot of images where it doesn’t explicitly apply. Perhaps you’re right though that having this many tags for varying levels of butts is excessive in practice.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #8C70  
@Litrojia  
Well…

radiance  
fili-second  
saddle rager  
masked matter-horn  
mistress marevelous  
zapp  
humdrum

They’re not specific to the IDW versions, but since that’s also the only place where they actually exist as themselves rather than the protagonists cosplaying as them, it’s basically the same… as long as you filter out both equestria girls and the relevant cosplayer.

There are a few tags specifying that it’s an IDW character we’re talking about… and the most ‘popular’ looks like it only got the parentheses so that it can be told apart from the alias to the more used and generic cherry blossoms.

I’m not sure there’d be need for (idw) tags of the Power Ponies. Or demand. The only (equestria girls) character tags seem to be there, again, because these same characters have a name that already stood for something else.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@Knight of the Raven  
I feel like they really should get that (or (costume) parentheses) as it would make it easier to watch/follow imagines involving them instead of having to go through the trouble of fiddling about with the complex filter.

Plus, I tried to get something like that to happen with a thread a while back, but nothing came from it.
Background Pony #7726
What’s the difference between omorashi, potty time, need to pee, and potty emergency?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #7726  
“potty time” and “need to pee” seem to be identical although one is specific to urination and one is not.

I thought “potty emergency” would be about the Animaniacs episode of the same name and script, but doesn’t look like it. Maybe it’s supposed to be about more funny/absurd situations where “potty time” is a causative factor.

And “omorashi” is specifically when “need to pee” and failing to hold it is a kink/fetish.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide