General Tag Discussion

🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Not sure if it’s the right forum, but Francesco needs his tag turned blue. He is an official character from IDW.

Appeared in Comic 16.

I vectored him from his Gameloft profile:  

I was also wondering if it’s possible for any OC to have a spoiler image, like the one that Paamayim Nekudotayim has here?

full

I was just wondering because if it was possible, I’d like to make one for my ponysona version. I could vector one and upload the SVG. Thanks 🙂
Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
@Midday Shine
Seconding that I can’t find any. If you have an idea for tag names, maybe run it by here first. Adding a new tag to many images at once without bring it up in the forums is a bad idea since it may lead to duplicate tags and (less often) confusing names.

Well… Celestia’s crown could be called (the) Crown of Equestria. As for the other princesses: unless/until somebody comes up with anything better, I’d suggest to name the tags simply Luna's ceremonial crown and Cadance's ceremonial crown.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
@lincolnbrewsterfan
Implying an artist seems like an overreach, especially since you’ve even said you’re planning to make some art of it yourself. The rest makes sense, at a glance at least - since I’m not familiar with that AU.

I think it was done as an alternative universe to the ending of To Where and Back Again. 😀

Maybe just drop the artist implication and leave the rest. It would just seem weird to have his name in tag and not imply that this is his reformed Chrysalis version anywhere. 🤔
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Markiz93  
Not sure if I’m misunderstanding, but I don’t see a problem with “human sunset” to describe her. I added implications to that tag.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
We do actually have a thread for character tagging here.

I’m a little confused about the Francesco discussion. Do any of the three images warrant that tag?

Not sure about the spoiler images.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
I suggest taking that to the character naming thread. You’re correct that the tag and the character go together, but from what I can see, that name was decided on elsewhere and then mass tagged by a couple people. You’re free to suggest Moon Dust as a name though.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Agreed. Maybe also implications into stomach noise, and alias belly noises into that.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
I don’t see why not. Implications added, except for “redemption”, because I don’t see the purpose of that tag, “good end” and “a better ending for chrysalis”, because I suppose she could still have something bad happen to her despite being reformed, and the artist tag for reasons already mentioned.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
@lincolnbrewsterfan
We do actually have a thread for character tagging here.
I’m a little confused about the Francesco discussion. Do any of the three images warrant that tag?
Not sure about the spoiler images.

Thanks. I got that one sorted out; turns out he was not the same stallion but Antonio, the twin of Francesco. :)

@lincolnbrewsterfan
I suggest taking that to the character naming thread. You’re correct that the tag and the character go together, but from what I can see, that name was decided on elsewhere and then mass tagged by a couple people. You’re free to suggest Moon Dust as a name though.

Yep I use that thread quite often actually. :) thanks :D

@lincolnbrewsterfan
Agreed. Maybe also implications into stomach noise, and alias belly noises into that.

Whoo-hoo thanku ;D

@lincolnbrewsterfan
I don’t see why not. Implications added, except for “redemption”, because I don’t see the purpose of that tag, “good end” and “a better ending for chrysalis”, because I suppose she could still have something bad happen to her despite being reformed, and the artist tag for reasons already mentioned.

Thanks so much, and thank you for responding to everything! :D That was a fair amount of posts to respond to all at once :)

Have a goodnight. ;)
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽

Goodbye guys ;)
I think oc:silverlay should imply umbra pony.

Also…I know it should be covered in the species listing, but umbra ponies are their own special type of clone pony race created by Obsidian from the seeds of darkness, as explained in EStories’ Seeds of Darkness comic here (>>632010). Therefore, umbra pony should be a brown tag. I’ll post it in the species forum as well. :)
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
“colt sunburst” should imply “sunburst, colt, younger”. Seriously, I had to manually add two of those tags in an image I just recently uploaded.
Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
@Midday Shine
Seconding that I can’t find any. If you have an idea for tag names, maybe run it by here first. Adding a new tag to many images at once without bring it up in the forums is a bad idea since it may lead to duplicate tags and (less often) confusing names.
Well… Celestia’s crown could be called (the) Crown of Equestria. As for the other princesses: unless/until somebody comes up with anything better, I’d suggest to name the tags simply Luna's ceremonial crown and Cadance's ceremonial crown.

Bump! :)
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Blissful690  
Yeah, colt sunburst should imply these three.

Looking at the upload you mentioned, I’m curious if colt works with dracony. It obviously doesn’t apply to dragon, but hybrids are hard to categorize like that. Colt? Baby dragon? Both?

@Background Pony #7C7A  
It’s indeed no longer solo:  
Detailed description:
This tag is to be used when there is only one character shown in the image. Note that disembodied or offscreen body parts make an image no longer solo.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide