General Tag Discussion

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Midday Shine  
Partly disagree, “looking sideways” does not necessarily mean looking to left or right. If a character is facing to screen left, they can be both “looking sideways” and “looking at you”.

How about we add description to “looking sideways”: character looks at a direction other than where they’re facing.
Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
How about we add description to “looking sideways”: character looks at a direction other than where they’re facing.

Fair enough. Still, I believe the others should be merged.
Background Pony #7B7A
Dear mods & admins of Derpibooru i have a question. Could you pertty please make these tags principal celestia, vice principal luna, dean cadance & alumnus shining armor have their tags changed from green into blue like the tag sci-twi is. It would be more easy to navigate the booru that way, best wishes this Background Pony & thank you for your time.
Background Pony #84F6
What exactly is the difference between “equestria girls, human coloration” and “humanized”?
Midday Shine

Protect Celestia!
Fair enough. Still, I believe the others should be merged.

Bump! :)
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Background Pony #7C7A  
Not sure on these minor distinctions, but since “plotshot” is already aliased into “butt only”, I think “butt shot” could meet the same fate.

@saby  
Do note “need to poop” also exists; “potty time” is just an umbrella that doesn’t care which of the two types of bodily waste it is that you need a toilet for.

@lincolnbrewsterfan  
Aliased for now, might need to do further cleanup and aggregation.

@Pulse Wave  
There’s some complications with these, and not just the meme phrases; we ideally should split text and visual censoring better I think.

@Algebroot Neogears  
I think “mecha pony” is a very specific kind. We’ll find out more when the Pony Life episode airs. If it turns out they’re very generic, then it’ll just be aliased, but otherwise, an implication is probably best.

@Background Pony #52BA  
With “x-ray”, you’re seeing what’s inside something, from the outside, while “internal” is just inside a body. There’s a lot of overlap, but neither encompasses the other.

@Markiz93  
The old episodes don’t, but the new ones do.

@Brainless-Mind  
They seem pretty distinct in semantics. Might be people choosing the wrong tag suggestion when they don’t know, so a name change on the latter could help.

@Background Pony #84F6  
Proportions, mostly. Really, I think we will be changing this sometime soonish, but it’ll be tricky.
Background Pony #52BA
Pony Life s2 episode names and s02eXX tags need spoiler:pony life season 2 implication
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@FliegerFaustToP47

From the tag description for dock : “The visible underside of a pony’s tail where hair does not grow. Usually seen in rear views or with raised tails.”

“Get” tags in general are meta tags, referencing the picture number on Derpibooru, rather than anything in the picture itself. So “palindrome get” applies to images where the number is a palindrome.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide