General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@TexasUberAlles  
What? That’s been in Rule #2 for quite a while. Tag what’s in the image, defer to artist intent if something is undecidable from the image.
Background Pony #F5ED
I know category:origin, category:character and category:oc.

What are the names of other categories on this site? I keep trying to find only yellow-colored tags but no name, like “episode”, “movie”, “episode or movie”, “episodes”, “movies”, “episodes or movies”, “episode-or-movie”, “episodes-or-movies” actually work.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
There’s a persistent BP (or multiple BPs, I don’t know) who creates various “coiffure” tags, like these:

• multicolored coiffure  
  • purple coiffure  
  • and these

Should these be allowed, or removed/aliased? I don’t know how many (if any) “multicolored clothing” tags we have, but if we’re going to have tags for those, they have to be “clothes”, not “coiffures”. No one will search for the latter.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@JP  
Well, none of those tags seem to involve actual coiffures (maybe barring Cad’s “not”-mum-hair) and the contents should be retagged into “X hair”. Aliasing would be misleading and potentially cause problems in the future.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
cutie mark on clothes implies cutie mark. Cutie mark on clothes is used by many when the character’s pony counterpart’s cutie mark is on said character’s clothes, but the tag cutie mark has this description:  
Detailed description:
This tag should be used when a Cutie Mark is a major focus of an image. Either as the background or is significant to the picture.
Not to be used just because it happens to exist in the image.
Examples:
>>2079626s (merged)
There’s nothing in cutie mark on clothes suggesting what it’s intended to be for. Something should be done about this.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
I think the coiffure tags should be just removed, they don’t contribute anything. I’ve tried removing them, but the BP recreates them. And quotes song lyrics in the tags, leaving behind a total mess.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Rainboom Dash  
Their username is in the edit history. Perhaps someone should explain to them in a PM that what they need is either a gallery, a search for “ahegao AND tongue out” or at least a clear definition of that novel tag. BTW shouldn’t that picture be tagged ahegao?
Background Pony #52BA
@☬ lincolnbrewsterfan ☬  
I’d suggest trying to fit “dracon-” in it since otherwise it’s ambiguous if it’s just part dragon…

…is what I was about to say until I remembered dracony is the tag for dragon+pony. Now I don’t know what to think.

It’s also strange that there doesn’t seem to be a tag for draconequus+pony, since that’s quite a common hybrid.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

1. This should have been tagged sneakers on upload rather than converse, right? I used converse because I’d forgotten sneakers were a thing (not a native speaker) but that’s actually a specific type/brand of sneakers from the looks of it?

So this picture and the next one, plus the completed vectors when they show up, should be tagged sneakers, right?

2. Does this count as reasonably sized breasts ? Is it even a useful tag?

3. Random, but I just found out that blowjob implies nudity while I was checking what tag implied that on my topless picture.

Should that be the case? Just on the current latest page for blowjob,clothed sex, there’s (explicit links) three definitely fully-clothed blowjobs

Please and thank you.
Background Pony #52BA
“butt slap”/“ass slap”/“plot slap” are aliased to “spanking”? Really? Those seem like quite different things to me: spanking having a connotation of pain and discipline or an authority role, butt slapping having a playful, flirtatious, or harassing context.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide