General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@Blissful690  
It’s kind of a spectrum. “Bipedal” should still have pony proportions and joint configurations (unless extra-cartoony like a chibi I guess), “semi-anthro” will look like a set of anatomy meant to primarily be bipedal (but devoid of humanesque structures - no chestbreasts, no hands, not too much of a human figure, which may bump it to “anthro”). IMO, characteristics like a shorter neck, straighter back, and human shoulders tend to indicate semi-anthroness.

Now, if you want confusing, try and define the dividing line between “pony, human shoulders, bipedal” and “semi-anthro”…

It doesn’t help that pony and semi-anthro should be mutually exclusive (unless multiple characters are depicted with at least one of each) but people don’t seem to adhere to that
Saveraedae
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendly Griffon - For helping others attend the fifth anniversary party
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Horse
Just curious, but how come Sprout from G5’s tag is “Sprout (g5)” while Phylis’ tag is her full name, “Phylis Cloverleaf.” How come Sprout’s isn’t “Sprout Cloverleaf”?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

He was never actually named onscreen as Sprout Cloverleaf, though, and the credits just list him as “Sprout”; Sunny doesn’t have her dad’s second name, Pipp and Zipp don’t share a name with each other or their mom, and in G4 pretty much only the Cake and Pie Families all have the same second name.
Background Pony #52BA
@TexasUberAlles, @LightningBolt  
Indeed, I was wondering what the source is for that. It was mentioned in the character tag categorization thread linking to the “villains.fandom” wiki, but I didn’t see where that got its info. For comparison, in the same thread, it was pointed out that Alphabittle has the last name Blossomforth, citing the “g5mlp.fandom” wiki, which specifies that the info is from the 2022 Annual book (which I don’t have to confirm, but at least it’s sourced) - and that same wiki doesn’t have Sprout with any last name.
Wax n' Wane
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Spelunker Extraordinare
@Brainless-Mind
afaik, skirt lift is when a character is lifting up their skirt, though I’m not sure if it has to be the wearer in that case. upskirt is more or less a panty shot without the actual action of lifting the skirt up.
JP
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
We got a tag named null and I can’t figure out if it really is supposed to say “null” or if it was something else originally, but it got mangled during some database operation. It’s not actually a database NULL, the tag really says “null”. The earliest database dump I checked was from December 2019 and it was “null” there too.
People are adding it to images, but I can’t ascertain what it is supposed to mean. Does anyone know what it is for?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
“Null” should very much be renamed to make the meaning clearer. “Null” in this sense is so rare it doesn’t even turn up on a Google search when combined with the word “fetish” or “kink”.
“null” could be “nullified genitals” and be described as “body modification that removes/minimises the external genitals and/or nullifies their sexual function.”
ZONESS
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Evil Rarity is in need of some disambiguation. Right now its largest use is for Sprout’s portrayal of her from A New Generation, but it’s been used a lot in the past for “evil” versions of Rarity.
Background Pony #75DB
@ZONESS
The point is that you should specify that it’s spoilered for A New Generation outside the spoilered text. It’s pointless when others need to be spoiled to find out why it’s spoilered.
Background Pony #2191
Hi, I wanted to create a tag with the name of a game I’m making, someone ask for making one but I not familiar with with the adding of new tag to this site tagging system, accorcding to the rules I read I could simply edit the tags on an image, name it and save to create a new tag, but it seems only Moderators could add a description to the tag, not sure if I should just create the tag or ask for a Moderator to add the tag already with some simple description.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide