General Tag Discussion

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Brainless-Mind
I mean, I see literally no reason why that zebra pattern would not count as zebra pattern for even the finickiest of nitpickers, and I say this as a very finicky nitpicker.
Background Pony #EF56
(NSFW)
I have a question. Why can’t I add the “Venus Spring having a bad time”(spoilered because most of the images under this tag are pretty messed up) on this image?: https://derpibooru.org/images/2724941
Did the person who posted the image just felt there was no need for the tag or is this a glitch? Forgive me if I’m asking this in the wrong forum 😓 I’m just curious why I can’t add a tag on the image 😓
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #EF56
Considering that the image was recently targeted by a tag troll, the tags probably got partly or full locked. Report the image with the tag you wish to add/restore so a staff member can do that for you.
Background Pony #7E50
Please alias [higurashi no naku koro ni](/tags/higurashi no naku koro ni) and [](/tags/when the cicadas cry). Reason: First is transliteration of japanese title, second is translated title of same anime.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
i just had a thought, but since we already have a “Royal sisters” tag for G4 (Celestia and Luna), and G5 also has it’s own pair of royal sisters (Pipp Petals and Zipp Storm), do you think that we should make a tag for the g5 royal Sisters?
NightStalker

So, what exactly do the ‘Male’ and ‘Female’ tags represent on this site? On some images they’re used to represent gender, while on some images they’re used to represent biological sex. In fact on some (solo) pics of trans characters, both of the tags are used at the same time.
I don’t mean to offend anyone with this question, I just want to know what the tags are outlined as and hopefully get a bit more consistency.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@NightStalker
AFAIK they’re used to denote just sex, because gender identity is rarely possible to deduce from an image, and users mainly care about the physicality of characters when they’re looking to search or filter.
If a character is transgender and has no permanent changes to their male/female/intersex body, I don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be tagged both $trans_theirgender and $their_sex. Single characters should never have multiple sex tags.
As for permanent changes to bodies, I’ll say nothing because it’s a more complicated thing and I have next to no experience about that. I don’t think we have too many examples of, say, cisgender-and-female characters who’ve had full bilateral mastectomy. (Personally I think such a case should be tagged “female” and “amputee” and probably something specific to the acquired lack of breasts.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide