General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA
@TheGamerPainter
@LightningBolt
As LightningBolt apparently didn’t feel like explaining, perhaps they’re not visible in the picture, or perhaps the character doesn’t have them, so no.
That’s…quite a name!
Um, is that spelled right? A majority of the results I find when searching for that spelling are from Derpibooru or derivatives (Pinterest, altboorus). The “mylittleponyg3” Fandom wiki and Wikipedia* spell it “Kilspotten”, but even stranger still is that there are barely any results for that spelling either.
*but no source is cited
Angel-of-derpness
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

could we make stupid adorasexy X a series of tags
i thought i could make a version of the stupid sexy X series of tags but for adorasexy images of charictors
would that be a good idea?
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Tag useful practical things, stop tagging unhelpful variations of ‘sexy’. they help no one. You wanna call something sexy? Leave a comment. Tags are not for opinions, they are for facts.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Angel-of-derpness
Thank you for asking before starting, and please don’t start making character-specific adorasexy tags. “stupid sexy X” is a bad series of tags and we don’t need snowclones of that. They were originally supposed to be for things users reluctantly found sexy (that weren’t necessarily explicitly sexual or even suggestive) along the lines of the “stupid sexy Flanders” meme, but AFAIK 99% of the current usage is just synonymous to “sexy, character”, or “stupid && sexy, character”, or “stupidly sexy, character”.
Background Pony #52BA
@NICOGAMER3000
In my opinion, the tag signifies original content that matches the art style of the show. I interpret that as not applying to screencap vectors, because the inherent point of doing so is to reproduce the show’s own content (offering higher fidelity) - a skilled craft, but not involving the artistic decision that “show accurate” is meant to highlight.
This is just my view - hopefully more people will chime in, or an assistant could point to an official definition somewhere.
P.S. Also IMO, I see a number of pictures tagged as “show accurate” that, subjectively, I wouldn’t judge as being so…
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@ichiban iceychan 1517
It’s properly an art style where noses on human characters are illustrated with a stylized red or reddish triangle shape, a style meme among Japanese fan artists on Twitter ages ago which was for some reason picked up by tons of artists on Tumblr in the 2010s. Here it seems to have been used by multiple bad-tagging users as shorthand for “character was drawn with a style of nose I don’t like”.
If it were being in any way correctly used to indicate just that particular artistic gimmick, I’d say it would be a good tag to have just so serial arglebarglers could Hide it and have one less thing to arglebargle about, but as it sits it’s not really good for anything.
Background Pony #D4EE
You know those times where the female characters eyes are half open but have a darker color tone of their skin, is that make up like Rarity?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide