General Tag Discussion

JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
Since “pp” is an alias for “pinkie pie”, should prisoner pp be renamed/expanded to “prisoner pinkie pie” and “prisoner pp” aliased to it?
Background Pony #52BA
Have I been using these tags in the correct manner?
I guess so? The only thing I’m left wondering is if there isn’t some other tag that I’m not aware of that identifies tail-aware clothing design. How little “tail hole” was used gives me pause.

BTW, contingent on what, if any, action is taken in terms of potential aliasing or not, this ought to imply nuzzling
Neck Hug: >>2288891
hugging is done with necks: >>795061
Hm, yes, “neck hug” as a phrase could be interpreted as “hug targeting the neck” or “hug performed by a neck”…
Looking at a few that are currently tagged with “neck hug”, for ones like:
or
I think hoof around neck/arm around neck ought to be used instead of “neck hug”.

What’s ember’s tag when dealing with everyone looking like Twilight Sparkle?
Seems like it’s not consistently tagged. Some use pony racism (which is not specific to Ember, but can apply due to the “all look same” aspect of it), and a few use face blindness/prosopagnosia (which are synonyms AFAIK and should probably be aliased)

Since “pp” is an alias for “pinkie pie”, should prisoner pp be renamed/expanded to “prisoner pinkie pie” and “prisoner pp” aliased to it?
I would have thought so, but all of those tags for the different characters use the shorthand form, for better or worse, so IDK. (For some reason, the one for Fluttershy uses “ft” instead of “fs”)

I sleep should imply meme. And maybe image macro but I don’t know. Maybe not.
It looks like they should, indeed.
When you’re pretty confident about a tag alteration, it’s requested that you make a thread about it.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
I would have thought so, but all of those tags for the different characters use the shorthand form, for better or worse, so IDK. (For some reason, the one for Fluttershy uses “ft” instead of “fs”)
That’s odd. Maybe whoever created those tags assumed the shorthand forms work everywhere and that “prisoner pp” would automatically expand to “prisoner pinkie pie” but they never checked if it did?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
So it seems like there is someone adding New Mane 6 (g5) to image of the g5 ast that include Sprout in them, all seem to be done by one person.
should the tag be removed or not?
Becuase it seems like g5 is only going to have 5 characters as the mane cast, and so far there are no hints or whatever saying that Sprout will become the 6th member of the mane cast.
plus we already have “mane five” to represent the new cast, so having that tag feels unneeded.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Algebroot Neogears
What happens when you copy one of the direct links and paste it into the Wayback Machine? Does the Internet Archive have an old copy?
There’s also a deletion-free (and comment-free) mirror of Fimfiction, but I don’t remember its name and some fics that were deleted long long ago aren’t in its collection.
@TheGamerPainter
What’s the point of placeholder tags?
Background Pony #7C7A
@LightningBolt
OK, that makes sense.
And by the way, starry mane implies ethereal mane. It seems to result in quite a lot of non-ethereal starry manes being tagged as ethereal. (I assume ethereal means the flowing, ghostly kind of manes that Luna and Celestia have.)
In general, the implications should be visible before submitting the tags. Preferably each implication would indicate which tag implied it. This would solve quite a few problems.
Alternatively, there could be a “suggested tags” feature. Like implications, but they are not automatically applied. Instead they would get shown to the user and could get applied with a single click each.
Background Pony #52BA
What is (lots of nsfw) cutiemarking?
It seems to cover quite a wide range of things, which I guess could all very loosely be interpreted as “defacing a cutie mark”..? (from “taping a paper on your flank” to “corpse desecration”)
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

G5 tagging is a mess right now.
Most of the images in spoiler:my little pony: a new generation don’t spoil anything beyond the existence of G5 characters. I feel like that tag should only be used for screenshots and other spoilers of the movie’s plot, assuming it’s not time to merge it into the movie’s main tag yet.
spoiler:g5 is in a similar boat. I assume that’s meant to be used similarly to the broad season spoiler tags of the past (ie. spoiler:s09) where the specific episode/special of the spoiler isn’t yet known. At this point, I think this covers G5 spoilers for anything that hasn’t happened yet. The only things that jump out at me as fitting of this tag are speculation of Sombra returning and earth pony Sunny with striped hair, and yet not even all of those images are tagged with “spoiler:g5”. IMO, that tag can be stripped from 99% of the images that currently have it.
my little pony: a new generation also includes lots of images that seem more broadly applicable to G5 as a whole and not just the movie, like generic character art.
Also, it’s been discussed many times before, but I think we should consider giving sunny starscout a shorthand again.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide