General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #7C7A
The description of lilypad attempts to link to lily pad (equestria girls), but the link is broken, because the parentheses are unencoded. This is not the first time such a thing happens. Someone should grep all the tag descriptions for characters that should be encoded, but aren’t.
Background Pony #52BA
Are there tags for the mane six’s self-designed gala dresses from Suited For Success? Either collectively (eg. “fail gala dress” or something) or individually? I found the extremely underused constellation dress for Twilight’s, and that’s it.
Brainless-Mind

I guess so? The only thing I’m left wondering is if there isn’t some other tag that I’m not aware of that identifies tail-aware clothing design. How little “tail hole” was used gives me pause.
If there is a tag like that, I have no knowledge of one.
NICOGAMER3000
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Artistic Detective -
Artist -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

I have a doubt on the signature and watermark tags:
  • Is the signature tag used when any artist’s name present in the image is written by hand or with a mouse?
  • Is the watermark tag used when there’s an artist’s logo or a typed name?
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@NICOGAMER3000
I’m not an authority on this but I believewatermark is used when the artist posts a stamp on their artwork, so to speak. Signature would be more an artist signing their artwork, like a cursive name in a corner or something.
When in doubt, I’d use both tags. I usually don’t differentiate them so I tend to use both tags to be on the safe side.
Also: not confirmed, but a watermark typically marks more of a picture than a signature would, from what I’ve seen.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@NICOGAMER3000
A watermark is a partially transparent overlay over a picture, that can be a signature, an url, a logo, or even a pattern.
A signature is the artist’s personal name mark on a piece. It can be hand-written separately each time, or stamped in physically (East Asian artists have traditionally used name stamps to sign their works) or digitally. I think technically even a personal non-verbal logo can be considered a signature.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@NICOGAMER3000
A watermark is a partially transparent overlay over a picture, that can be a signature, an url, a logo, or even a pattern.
A signature is the artist’s personal name mark on a piece. It can be hand-written separately each time, or stamped in physically (East Asian artists have traditionally used name stamps to sign their works) or digitally. I think technically even a personal non-verbal logo can be considered a signature.
Thank you. That’s specifically better. :)
Maybe those descriptions can be placed in their tag descriptions? I think it would really be helpful in tagging appropriately. Thanks saby. :3
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@NICOGAMER3000
Staff will investigate. Since it looks very much a case of vandalism, staff will also deal with restoring the tags.
Next time, you can just report the image.
saby
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@NICOGAMER3000
Same thing as with other body part tags. If it’s prominently in the picture, it’s good to tag. If it’s a minor detail or incidental, probably better to not tag.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide