General Tag Discussion

saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@dzamie
It’s a neat lil pun but puns are bad for tag names. Most are hard to remember, and some are confusing/hard to decipher. So please put puns in comments or art and don’t make new pun tags just to make a new pun tag.
Background Pony #7C7A
Does anyone have a working filter which would hide fat fetishism without hiding normal pictures? I’m trying to create one, but there are always false positives or false negatives. It doesn’t have to be accurate when it comes to explicit pictures because I’m hiding them anyway.
Q: WTF bruh, it’s easy, just hide “fat fetish”
A: It should be easy, but it isn’t because of complicated tagging situation. For example there are multiple levels of fat tagging: fat, obese, plump, chubby, pudgy, your mom, etc. They don’t seem very consistent. Sometimes pictures of characters with BMI clearly above the norm lack the aforementioned tags, but have other tags like “wide hips” instead. Other problem is that people don’t tag safe pictures with fetish tags, even if the art is clearly meant to fetishize excess weight. And many pictures with fat characters are unrelated to fetishes and I don’t want to hide them.
It’s a mess. I’d appreciate even tips that would improve my current solution. Incomplete list of the tags I hide:
fat, large butt, huge butt, impossibly large belly, impossibly large butt, impossibly large breasts, huge breasts, inflation, hyper, hyper pregnancy, explicit
Complex filters:
( ((breasts && nudity) || nipples) && questionable ) OR
(artist:sundown && wide hips) OR
(artist:blitzyflair && plump)

Examples of images I want to hide:

Examples of images I don’t want to hide:

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Background Pony #7C7A
From experience this is going to be damn near impossible given how many people who upload Fetish Images Which Are Very Clearly Fetish Images are inconsiderate assholes who apparently don’t understand that their fetish is in fact a fetish and thus don’t bother to tag the images correctly.
Background Pony #52BA
@Rainboom Dash, @saby
By seniority, I’d expect the older show would get the “reading rainbow” tag, and the meme format would get a tag like “reading rainbow meme”. Rainbow Dash in the act of reading would just be “rainbow dash, reading” or if you aaaaaaabsolutely mustn’t get any pictures of Twilight Sparkle reading while Rainbow Dash is there, then “rainbow dash reading” could exist.
Background Pony #52BA
Does anyone have a working filter which would hide fat fetishism without hiding normal pictures? I’m trying to create one, but there are always false positives or false negatives.
Impossible. There will always be tagging insufficiency, and it is every user’s responsibility to improve tagging when it is incomplete.
For example there are multiple levels of fat tagging: fat, obese, plump, chubby, pudgy, your mom, etc. They don’t seem very consistent. It’s a mess.
Yeah. That’s something I asked about in the past in this thread and only got a couple responses leading to no action that I could tell, and neither did this thread reach any actionable conclusion and my other thread on the matter got only a little attention.
Here’s a filter that almost works on the specific examples in your post: https://derpibooru.org/filters/194086
Reply if/when you’ve copied it over to your own filters so I can delete it, please,
It doesn’t catch but I’m also surprised you included that in your list to hide. I don’t find it egregious.
Background Pony #7C7A
it is every user’s responsibility to improve tagging when it is incomplete
The tagging of this particular subject is complicated and inconsistent. I don’t know which tags would be the right ones. I’d rather not risk the ire of obesity enthusiasts.
Honestly, the haphazardness of all this is kind of surprising. Usually various fetishes are tagged with amusing meticulousness.
Here’s a filter
Thanks! I’ll play with it and see how well it works. I have it saved to disk for now.
It doesn’t catch (…) but I’m also surprised you included that in your list to hide. I don’t find it egregious.
I can live with that one, I’m not bothered by it that much. I just wanted to have some variety in examples, including outliers.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
One implication request and one question:

clopfic in the X tags should imply story in the X

How were the main tags for R63 G5 decided?

Specifically, how did Sun Starchaser and Issac Crestie get chosen over Solar Starscour and Issac Moonbow, respectively? Is it because they have a greater Hamming distance to the canonical names and are therefore less likely to be applied by accident?
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
So, I just uploaded my first explicit image, and I got lucky with the tagging because there was already a similar image with another character (both that and the one I just uploaded are by the same artist), and all I had to do was just copy and paste the tags and change them up accordingly with the character in my upload. However, say I upload more explicit images in the future, which I most likely will. Got any pointers for tags I should use for stuff like genitalia, fluids, and so forth?
Background Pony #3FE0
Add the tag “eqg ponified” to he aliases of “equestria girls ponified”, please.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
No it isn’t. We don’t need to craft a tagging system just to find specific characters doing specific things, plus it would be extra work for everyone tagging images. People need to just learn how tags work.
Background Pony #52BA
Got any pointers for tags I should use for stuff like genitalia, fluids, and so forth?
Yes, tagging those are good
Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to tag explicit images?
Your question is so general/nonspecific that it’s hard to begin to even say anything.
Tag the characters’ visual sexes (male/female/futa), explicit body parts that are visible, and other features that make it explicit. There are a lot of explicit images on the site and it’s not hard to find some in order to learn what those tags are.
Tag body types (pony/anthro/equestria girls/human). Tag relations (straight for male x female, gay for male x male, lesbian for female x female, “futa on futa”/“futa on male”/“futa on female”, canon x oc).
Tag kinks and fetishes that are depicted.
If you miss something important, the worst that should happen is a comment asking you to tag something or other (phrased as rudely as possible, of course)
Look back at the tag changes on pictures you upload to learn new things.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Blissful690
There are two ways to discover relevant tags:
  • Go to the tags page and search for keywords like this: *butt*.
  • Find similar images and look at their tags. Remember to also look at the description pages of these tags, as the names might be misleading.
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Blissful690
Mostly what 52BA said. Reminder that semi-anthro is also a bodytype.
Tag body parts of interest that are prominently visible or otherwise a focus. Tag sexual acts and positions. Remember that body parts going into body parts is “penetration”, non-body-part objects going into body parts is “insertion”. Common sex act tags such as “anal”, “oral” and “vaginal” are for penetration and have “N insertion” equivalents. Tag bodily fluids.
Genitals and breasts have multiple size categories, more large ones imply the less large ones. These aren’t as important but anything that is hyper should always be tagged from the start. Preferably “impossibly large” anything as well. And no, “impossibly large” doesn’t mean literally impossibly large.
Tag clothing items, accessories and objects such as toys and condoms that are readily visible/pertinent.
“Ambiguous penetration” exists for when the active orifice is not clear by the visuals.
Only tag orientations that have corresponding interaction in the image. For an example, two guys spitroasting one girl would only be “straight” unless the guys are kissing or fondling each other.
If X is mentioned or hinted at but not directly shown, use “implied X”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide