General Tag Discussion

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@cheezedoodle
My main basis here is how “spoiler:s0_” tags would be removed from images once the episodes were identified and could be tagged as “spoiler:s0_e__” instead. Seems to me like spoiler:g5 should behave like those more general season spoiler tags.
I forgot exactly how long it took after airing that spoiler tags got merged into other tags. FIM season, all comic, all Pony Life, later EQG, and FIM clipshow spoiler tags are still around, though some of those don’t lend themselves well to being merged into non-spoiler tags.
Background Pony #1556
Is there a separate tag for animations like >>2760075? Because there are a lot under the turntable tag, which is an alias of mixing table.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Hopen Way
I added some descriptions to those tags:
Turntable: What a DJ plays audio records on. Use ‘turnaround’ for multi-angle views of something.
Turnaround: Showing all sides of the subject, either animated or static.
I’ll fix tagging on the turntable images that should be turnaround.
There are some images that are neither - at the source they are 360-degree panoramic but here they’re just static. I don’t know if there is an existing tag for this. Examples:
‘Animated at source’ is one option, but there might be a more specific one.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Most uploads with the character tag wild card have nothing at all to do with the character. Most of them are to do with the fanmade “dark” versions of the main characters, so I suggest a disambiguation tag.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Blissful690
-siiiiggghhhh- and that’s the problem with giving obscure bg characters names of common things and then making their character tag the no-parenthesis one.
Background Pony #52BA
Is it the correct interpretation that tags must be for what’s in the image, and not for what a YCH could become, on a YCH post? ie. it should not be tagged “human” if the example is an anthro, even if the YCH commission could result in a human? Likewise, should not be tagged “alicorn, earth pony, pegasus, unicorn”?
(“any species”, “any gender”, and “any race” would take their place)
Background Pony #52BA
@LightningBolt
Thanks. I will start to report users who do this habitually. Unfortunately, Rule #2 user reports tend to take a long time to be closed, so I frequently run out of my 3 reports when I do so…
Background Pony #A543
Hey y’all, do you think the “highrise ponies” tag should be used for images containing the “pony” and “kirin” tags? I mean kirins are ponies, but some differences detected. There’s other creatures, like hippogriffs, changelings, zebras, and griffons that exist, but they are non-pony, so should they really be given the “highrise ponies” tag when they aren’t clearly 100% pony?
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #A543
Gonna be honest, I view the tag as a way to hide identify images that are “someone with a macro fascination photoshopped a character vector into a skyline photo”, so even if the tag’s name might not have been completely thought-out, it would be useful for whatever species the character is.
Background Pony #7C7A
Images about the invasion of Ukraine are pouring in. Should there be a separate tag for that? Or just a standard set of tags like “Ukraine, war, current events”?
Right now the tagging is inconsistent. People are sometimes tagging countries, sometimes OCs… Sometimes war, anti-war, current events, sometimes just the characters…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide