General Tag Discussion

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I remember posting a while ago about influx of all the “nudist X” character tags on the site and if they are really needed, since the vast majority of them are are just tagged on images of said character naked, regardless of context (and tbh they feel more like they belong in a gallery then as a tag)
I remember a few of us talked about the “nudist” tag itself and what would fit it, but i forgot if there was any word on if the “nudist X” tags should stay or be purged?
TheGamerPainter
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

OC maker
There’s a recent image from Cold Twilight series and has a penis between two pairs of balls. Can anyone give me a hint on what tag I should use?
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
Neon Lights had similar mistakes in tagging, and that clearly used a different solution:
Use “Neon” and/or “Neon Sign” for neon coloration or actual neon lights.
For Golden Hooves, there’s an underused gold hooves tag that should work instead for gold-colored hooves. If something needs to be done, maybe reference that in the description much like how Neon Lights did?
Background Pony #52BA
Neon Lights had similar mistakes in tagging,
It’d be more accurate to say “continues to have ongoing mistakes in tagging” (and yes, I’m well aware of Neon Lights)
and that clearly used a different solution:
Use “Neon” and/or “Neon Sign” for neon coloration or actual neon lights.
A poor solution, because tag descriptions are not shown to users in the process of tagging an image (link to my feature request post about that). This means that tag descriptions are, at best, something to point at after you’ve seen someone misuse a tag because they didn’t receive that information up-front - something that currently can be accomplished by a tag’s name.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
A certain user is tagging some of their uploads with the daughter of zarz. Should this be changed to “parent:oc:zarz” or turned into a gallery?
I asked the artist involved what’s up with that and with the zarz tag itself.
I think golden hooves should be renamed to golden hooves (character) to ease its misuse as a tag for hooves that are gold-colored.
Made an executive decision and aliased both the cinnabar and quicksilver fan names into the (character) tag and then made golden hooves an alias of gold hooves, and retagged the images where it’s been removed from the last 3 years.
@Background Pony #52BA
Whether it gets renamed or not, there should be another tag for gold-colored hooves. And it should imply colored hooves.
And hooves as well.
Background Pony #52BA
I asked the artist involved what’s up with that and with the zarz tag itself.
I randomly clicked on >>2122792 and in its description it says,
“The daughter of Zarz(Zahnrad & Schwarz)
Yes,Zahnrad & Schwarz have daughter.”
So, it seems that zarz is their ship tag for oc:schwarz X oc:zahnrad and the daughter of zarz would be however a parent:/parents:/offspring: tag would get formatted when it’s OCs.

Made an executive decision and aliased both the cinnabar and quicksilver fan names into the (character) tag and then made golden hooves an alias of gold hooves, and retagged the images where it’s been removed from the last 3 years.
Neat.
Although, now I wonder how thoroughly or not it should be applied to pictures of Pipp, who has gold hooves as a standard design element (in the same way lots of pictures of Zipp aren’t tagged multicolored wings)
Background Pony #52BA
@TheGamerPainter
At the time you made that post, it already had the tag balljob which seems correct. I don’t see a tag yet that’d be used for two at once - I’d expect it to be something like ”double balljob” in the same way that there’s double boobjob but I’d only think that’d be important to tag if there’s more than one image about it.
Background Pony #52BA
@MaresFillies
Wait, hang on. I’m not sure what you just changed but I think it might have been the wrong tag:
golden hooves (character) should be (and is) character-categorized,
and gold hooves should not be in any category (but is in the character category as of right now)
And then, gold hooves should get a tag description saying something like,
“Hooves that are colored gold. For the crystal messenger pony, use golden hooves (character).”
Background Pony #52BA
@MaresFillies
Thanks. There’s a problem with the tag description, though; the text of the link just says “golden hooves”, not “golden hooves (character)”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide