General Tag Discussion

cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Background Pony #52BA
all ten or so of the images under foe not tagged with fallout* seem to be fallout related anyway.
@LightningBolt
Fine, but I’m going to alias it, unalias it (to move watches), and then put a snarky description on it.
Ok, the other short alias is literally the same thing with a colon in it, so I’m leaving it aliased.
Why is sunset cosplay flashmob a green tag again? It’s just as much of a set as something like a paid art pack is.
I don’t know who or why but I can change it back. I’d like to put a description on it. Seems to be by many different artists. Was it a one-time thing or ongoing? Is there a template new people can use or was it invitation-only?
@Wildcard71
I don’t see what you mean. None of heart eyes’ aliases look like they’d have been used instead, and indeed there is a very tiny heart-shaped highlight drawn on the eyes, so the tag literally applies with its current definition.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

I don’t know who or why but I can change it back. I’d like to put a description on it. Seems to be by many different artists. Was it a one-time thing or ongoing? Is there a template new people can use or was it invitation-only?
I haven’t ever seen any formal context for it. My impression is that it was organized privately (even secretly) rather than a free-for-all.
Background Pony #5935
What the hell happened to the human uterus in pony tag? It used to have dozens of images, and now there’re only two.
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Litrojia
was there any announcement of it or did the artists just spontaneously release them?
All I can see are the artists posting their contributions to Twitter, at most with a #sunsetcosplayflashmob hashtag or crediting Alrumoon for creating the border to link them all together. I’ve never seen an announcement. I assume this was the equivalent of a Discord server organizing a Secret Santa among its members and not really telling anyone outside of it.
Background Pony #52BA
@cheezedoodle
AFAIK, tags for peoples’ names/usernames signify things related to those people’s content, often musicians, and not necessarily created by them. Fanart, often. So, they definitely shouldn’t be aliased into artist:-prefixed versions. They’re also more general than oc: tags even if they share the same name.
Generally, people’s names don’t get categorized, right? tara strong is green, pen stroke is green (and not a musician), sibsy is an account name/nickname and is green (and sometimes used apart from the associated character and human)
If a musician releases an album, that could be pink - I’d compare that to a fanfic: tag - as could song titles. But I think the people tags are fine as uncategorized tags.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Random idea: it might be useful to include whether character names are unofficial in their tag descriptions.
@Background Pony #52BA
I’ve seen this with imalou. The images included are generally related to Imalou, such as pictures of her and con announcements, and aren’t her art. >>2815661, >>2737734, and >>2732499 probably don’t warrant it, but the others have a consistent enough purpose to stand alone as a somewhat useful tag.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
@cheezedoodle
AFAIK, tags for peoples’ names/usernames signify things related to those people’s content, often musicians, and not necessarily created by them. Fanart, often. So, they definitely shouldn’t be aliased into artist:-prefixed versions. They’re also more general than oc: tags even if they share the same name.
Generally, people’s names don’t get categorized, right? tara strong is green, pen stroke is green (and not a musician), sibsy is an account name/nickname and is green (and sometimes used apart from the associated character and human)
If a musician releases an album, that could be pink - I’d compare that to a fanfic: tag - as could song titles. But I think the people tags are fine as uncategorized tags.
I think categorizing the musician’s album tag as pink is actually a good idea 😊
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
”rape” shouldn’t imply both “grimdark” and ”sex”, because as the description clearly states:
Sex without consent. Note that references are at least suggestive and the actual act is semi-grimdark or grimdark.
It should imply just ”sex”.
Background Pony #52BA
@Blissful690
I would imagine that it’s a case where the implication is not meant to be correct 100% of the time, but is there because it’s too important to ever be forgotten in cases where it is correct and/or it gets forgotten a lot. In the cases where it’d be semi-grimdark, you’d need to change the rating in a second step while removing grimdark.
By the way, there are a lot of tags implying rape and not implying either “grim” rating (remember that implications do not automatically pass through).
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
Wasn’t even aware this existed until tonight, but stable jumpsuit should probably be aliased into the more common variant vault suit.
Did that and also am having vault suit imply jumpsuit since that’s what it is.
Thank you so much :)
Edit: just noticed vault security armor too. Maybe not a complete copy of stable jumpsuit but should probably at least imply that tag. :)
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am asking again, and I’ll ask it straight this time without injecting my biases into it: how is spoiler:g5 supposed to be used? I’m sorry this is such a huge pet peeve of mine.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide