General Tag Discussion

cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
I am asking again, and I’ll ask it straight this time without injecting my biases into it: how is spoiler:g5 supposed to be used? I’m sorry this is such a huge pet peeve of mine.
I believe it’s to be an overarching spoiler tag for anything G5. The child tags would be the spoiler tags for the MYM series, TYT series, and g5 movie. It doesn’t seem to get tagged a lot though. It does get watched by over 600 people and hidden by 100-200. On the other hand the G5 tag gets watched by 477 and hidden by 474…
It would be pretty easy to mass tag it on every image that already does have one of the other three spoiler tags.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
Speaking of the “derpibooru ponified” tag, why does “oc:albany” imply that? What’s she supposed to represent, anyway?
Background Pony #90F1
The tag custom is in desperate need of cleanup. A good 30–40% of the images are ones like >>2720477 that just appear to be commissioned drawings.
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #90F1
Yeah, I also see it getting mis-applied to base edits as well (sort of a digital art equivalent to the custom tag’s actual meaning of being for irl toys).
Oh, and custom already has a short description, long description, and implications - just one more example of how those are inadequate for communicating the meaning of tags. I’d suggest renaming/aliasing custom to something self-explanatory like “customized irl toy”.
photo is another tag I see being misused - people seem to use it as a synonym for “image” so much that I wonder if it’s a cultural or language issue. Maybe that one should have its alias reversed so the main tag is photograph.
Cocaine
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess Coke
Hello
I encontered one tag that is… quite offensive. It’s “retarded
It’s small and pretty useless and also primarly used for dumb giggles. Is there a way to ask admin team to remove it? I believe site will be better without trash like that.
Fwelin
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

There’s been a spat of tag vandalism over the past few hours on dozens of pictures by a background pony (or ponies) that’s been removing all relevant tags and replacing them with nonsense tags.
Basically all of the images that currently have the tag “i ship russia and ukraine the war is so cute!!!” were affected, but others might have been as well.
Example (beware, image is very explicit despite having been vandalized to remove the tag):
Background Pony #52BA
@Fwelin
Tag vandalism is a recurring thing. You should report it (via reports) on sight. (Since it’s BP, you can’t report a user, but you can report the image it happened on and the mods can trace it around the site to other affected images.)
In that particular case, I see from the tag changes that a staff member is already attending to it.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
not pony related has an issue.
Short description: Report images you think aren’t pony related (and thus don’t belong here). Use the barely pony related tag on images that do belong here.

Detailed description:
Please don’t use this tag and ‘barely pony related’ on the same image. Something is either not related, or related, not both.
There are times when both it and barely pony related are used at the same time. It is also quite clear that some of these images aren’t reported despite having the tag.
Background Pony #90F1
It’s there a tag for EqG-style humans other than equestria girls? I’d like to be able to narrow my searches to ponies without excluding images like >>1459547, but human says not to use it for EqG humans.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide