General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #7C7A
I looked up iridescence and it seems a certain red-maned, white-coated pony is being tagged “iridescence”. That needs to be fixed. If she’s an OC, it should be oc:iridescence and if she’s an official background pony, she needs a separate, teal tag.
EDIT: It seems she’s from Dusk’s Dawn. Other ponies from this project also lack the “oc:” prefix. See for example >>122984 or >>121539.
Background Pony #225B
Why are the tags eye clipping through hair and eyebrows visible through hair? The inconsistency in pluralization and verb choice make it really hard to find the latter tag from the former; eyebrow clipping through hair and eyebrows clipping through hair don’t even alias to eyebrows visible through hair.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

I think derpimilestone needs a better name and should be more widely applied. It seems to fit most images under tags, which itself could be cleaned up. I’d rather not see these. That or just nuke em all, which I’d be totally cool with.
Background Pony #52BA
@Litrojia
Hmm, well, if you don’t need it to be a single tag (ie. you know how to use complex filters), derpimilestone || (milestone, meta) get nearly all if not actually all of them, with a little collateral damage. milestone, tags would get all of them but needs some retagging, first. tag census is similar, but not quite the same.
milestone itself seems to be a melting-pot of various number-related concepts and a lot of them are missing followers/follower count/follower celebration/follower milestone - not sure which should be used in what combination, though.
UnderwoodART
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
@Background Pony #7C7A
I think that’s something you need to post a new topic on, since this thread is more about theory and questions.

Why does anatomically correct imply vulva and described as female-only? Are images of male horses with a sheath not “anatomically correct”?
Also, I think the brand tag needs to be looked at, as it is extremely mixed between “product brand”, “branding iron” and… I don’t even know why some are there. I suggest this tag be split into “brand name” and “branding iron”, and maybe or not imply branding with it, or alias it, since branding is also a multiple-meaning word.
Now this is going to be a niche question to ask, but I just uploaded some old gift art of a yogurt pony OC, but I’m a little confused about the name. I’ve only ever known it as “Activia”, but it has been tagged here as “Yogurty”. Looking at the yogurt pony tag, I’m thinking there might be some confusion between two similar characters. I say this because oc:yogurty seems to be Lumineko’s OC, and that’s not who I drew mine for. If nothing else, I think their OC is in the pot, and the OC I drew has a full body, which makes me think that this art (>>1402336) was incorrectly retagged. However there’s also some confusion over whether the name is “Activia” or “Activias”, but I think the “s” comes from “activias.tumblr.com”, as in the possessive. I could be wrong, but there has been no activity on the tumblr since 2019, so I doubt I’ll get a reply there. So, I’m going to go ahead and retag that art oc:activia, and we can change it again later if decided.
[Update] So looking at the other uploads in more detail, I’m starting to wonder if they are all the same character and not Lumineko’s OC, based on >>694174. It looks to me like user:4l3x is the single reason all of these pieces were tagged Yogurty, but it’s unclear when it starting being called that. I’m wondering if the point at which Lumineko started drawing the person’s OC with the spiral hair/head/top, they basically made it their own character? I’m not going to link every picture here and explain my thoughts, but if you can make sense of what’s going on, I’d appreciate it. If I’m wrong, then you can change my oc:activia tags to oc:yogurty, but I’m not convinced they’re the same character.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Why does anatomically correct imply vulva and described as female-only? Are images of male horses with a sheath not “anatomically correct”?
Because it’s a fairly standard thing for artists to draw NSFW mares with babymaking gear which appears much more human-like than equine, while instances of NSFW stallions depicted with human-like gentlemen’s equipment are vanishingly rare.
Background Pony #75DB
anatomically correct is just the tag we use to mean “equine vulva”.
From what I can gather, there wasn’t a particularly popular tag for “equine vulva”; meanwhile, the tag anatomically correct had been used mostly for the female genitalia, and so the tag had been defined by its usage rather than what its name suggests.
Background Pony #52BA
So, I was about to look through the tag eat which I was guessing is a mix of images that should instead be tagged eating and images where someone wanted to tag something about ears but made a typo…
But then on the very first one I ran into that tag as well as the single-use tag eat octavia having been added by the admin Princess Luna. So, I wanted to ask why. Granted, it was 7 years ago so maybe they weren’t actually staff at the time and they might not even remember…
Background Pony #225B
What exactly is the difference between excessive womb filling and cum inflation?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #225B
At a glance, “excessive womb filling” only requires a womb (mostly) filled with jizz, and often doesn’t feature “cum inflation”.
“Cum inflation” only means that the body’s outwards appearance is distended due to excessive amounts of jizz, and there’s no requirement for the exact deposition point of the jizz. Cum inflation can involve pretty much any orifice or cavity in a body.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
Does anyone know what the oda 997 tag is for? Random sampling suggests it has something to do with Russia, but I don’t know what. I also noticed a variant, oda 1997 used by two images uploaded recently.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #75DB
I think it’s supposed to be clever. Lapity-lap, because that’s the sound of licking, but also lap, because it’s oral sex and that kinda puts one’s head in another’s lap, and also lap, because the characters form a ring and a lap is a kind of a ring…
I knew we had a tag for it but couldn’t remember the name.
@Background Pony #6D10
Description added. Not sure which way alias should go.
Background Pony #6D10
@saby
Thank you!
Description added. Not sure which way alias should go.
imo lapity lap should stay the main tag, it was there first
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide