General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
@Background Pony #52BA
I certainly don’t think that such an umbrella term like ‘screencap’ should have qualifiers to it, and that a screencap of something has no tag for it to fall under, especially when separate qualifiers exist. So yeah, worth a thread, I guess.
Can someone explain to me what the bloating (mixed NSFW) tag is? I can only see 12/40 images, so I assume the rest are actual obease art, but the remaining ones include skin melting and slightly chubby. Anyway, it needs to be merged into bloated unless given a reason. So many different words for fat and inflation…
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
Theoretically, “bloating” or “bloated” could be useful to distinguish between art of a pony with their belly swollen from intestinal gas (or some other medical condition) and the more cartoonish “stick a bellows in their mouth and blow them up like a balloon” type of inflation. But in practice, noboby’s using it with any sort of consistency right now.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Blissful690
How about we follow in Ponybooru’s hoofsteps
How about Not Just ‘No’, But HELL No
@UnderwoodART
The problem with using screencap for any screen capture of anything anywhere is that pretty much anything could be considered a screencap, it would be like having a my little pony tag. It’s much more useful for searching to be able to filter out games and fanvids and commercials and whatnot all at once by including screencap.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@Background Pony #52BA
So how do we tag screencaps of non-official sources, like this still of a fan animation?
Frankly I think it’s a ridiculous distinction. No wonder people always get it wrong. Change it to official screencap if you want to be that specific…
You just tag it with the name of the animation. If it doesn’t need another artist tag then it’s assumed to be a screencap.
Background Pony #0299
@Background Pony #AE2B
Because the artist tagged it as such when they uploaded it and, within reason we normally take the artist’s word regarding their art.
They could have done a lot more to make it clear in the picture that Littlepip was wasn’t there of her own free will.
Background Pony #AE2B
@Background Pony #0299
its also tagged as shipping, and littlepip doesn’t seem to mind it at all, so i think rape should be replaced with dubious consent due to the tone of the image not being really all that grimdark
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Just Another Pink Pony
Since the unintuitive “hoers” is a tag for realistic ponies, should something be done about “realistic” and “semi-realistic”, like defining them as non-horse art, or implying? I’m seeing a lot of cross-over.
Also, “webdings” -> “wingdings”. They’re basically the same thing.
Should the “editor needed” tag be red like “artist needed”?
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
This might be personal preference, but I think palette should be limited to and described as the art implement for mixing paint, while character colour palettes should stay under reference sheet, and palette swaps should be tagged as such. As it stands, I don’t think palette is efficient for anyone that searches for it.

Why is rebecca shoichet being tagged in images of sunset shimmer? (eg. >>1597431) She is not in the image, and we’re not in the practice of tagging VAs to characters (and I’ve yet to see it with anyone else).
Actually I just found marÿke hendrikse being tagged on gilda and sonata images. How do we stop this?
Also what is the revy tag? It seems to share the same gilda/sonata images, but also unrelated ones.
Background Pony #52BA
Turnaround: Showing all sides of the subject, either animated or static.
Because it was mentioned in another thread, I happened to notice that several posts tagged with rotation or rotating ought to be tagged turnaround, but before doing any retagging, I wanted to check whether things tagged turnaround ought to also be tagged with rotation/rotating? Or should rotati* be removed from “turnarounds”? (assuming there isn’t something else about them that is notably rotating, eg. a gear or propeller)
Same question about spinning with “turnarounds” - remove? (“spinning” vs. “rotating/rotation” is another topic but not specifically what I’m asking about at the moment)
Background Pony #52BA
Why is rebecca shoichet being tagged in images of sunset shimmer? (eg. >>1597431) She is not in the image, and we’re not in the practice of tagging VAs to characters (and I’ve yet to see it with anyone else).
In the particular case of the one you linked, their autograph is on it. Couldn’t say for others.
Actually I just found marÿke hendrikse being tagged on gilda and sonata images. How do we stop this?
Why stop it, for pictures where they were drawn because of the voice actress connection (ie. voice actor joke)? Also, some of the pics look like they were autographed.
Also what is the revy tag? It seems to share the same gilda/sonata images, but also unrelated ones.
Revy is a character from the anime Black Lagoon, also voiced by Marÿke Hendrikse. Lots of crossover pics both related and unrelated to the voicing.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
Autographs really shouldn’t count as the person. We have “implied X” tags for a reason.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide