General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #52BA

A BP (I’d bet all the same BP) has been tagging quite a few pictures as e-cup bra over the past year or two. They’re not tagging any other size and I’d also judge they’re applying the tag over too widely-varying a range for it to possibly be accurate, anyway. Should the tag get nuked? I might even have submitted a report to investigate the BP’s tagging behavior, but I already have the max 3 open reports.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Best Fans Forever - For supporting the site
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Goodbye guys ;)
I don’t know. Probably just busy so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn’t get around to fixing it yet. :/ :)
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA
I’ve edited the description recently-ish, what’s missing? (Besides a good number of “legit” snips existing under the tag… sighs in equestrian)
As for the e-cup bra, clearly they’re not tagging for a very specific size (to wit, >>2645237 vs >>1658958), and even if they were, it would be a lousy tag name since cup size depends on underbust circumference as much as the full bust circumference. 75E is a lot less tit than 105E, and they look different too.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@saby
Really? (checks tags list) Oh, so mealy mouth actually doesn’t exist. The search bar told me it was an empty tag (“No images found!”, looking exactly like what is seen in empty tags) so I almost thought it was a strange bug that the site redirected instead of showing the usual empty list.
Background Pony #52BA
@saby
Well, besides the broken link, I thought it used to have a better explanation in complete sentences like the other coat markings tags do.
UnderwoodART
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
Why is cone of shame aliased into elizabethan collar? Surely “cone of shame” is far more understood, as I picture an ‘elizabethan collar’ to be a ruff. People are tagging cone as well anyway. The cone may well be called that officially, but if only a fraction know that, the tag is not serving its purpose. Even if typing ‘cone’ brings up the collar, people won’t click it because it doesn’t feel right.
tldr; elizabethan collar & cone -> cone of shame, proper definition in the description.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Yeah, that’s not a very sensible tag in the first place, Elizabethan collars and pet cones are two very different things that shouldn’t have any tag association between them at all.
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Untagged anthro uploads are on the rise. In the past month alone, a grand total of 47 anthro ponies bypassed my filter because the uploader did not use the “Anthro” tag.
Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put “Anthro” in the “Often Forgotten” section of the tag editor? Because it IS often forgotten, and it feels like it’s being forgotten even more often lately. I want my filter to work, damnit!
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
I’m looking at ‘Payday 2’ tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren’t tagged at all, [dallas] shares its tag with the location (see update), wolf (payday) existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the wolf tag, sangres is a 1 image tag, there’s a sydney (payday 2) tag, and I added one [bulldozer] to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there) (actually there was already bulldozer (payday), exemplifying the confusion this inconsistency causes).
Aside from all the ignored suggestions I’ve made about search terms and tag prefixes (character:), I’d like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named “wolf” from the species, but do you separate all the characters into wolf (character) or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas (eg.) images be renamed to dallas (character) or dallas (payday), and should sangres be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity? What about the (payday 2) suffix? (I think the series is enough)
Update: After changing like 7 “dallas” tags to “(payday)”, I realised there were less of the location than I thought, and the tag is too small after splitting them, so I reverted my changes to that tag. I did start retagging chains (payday) and wolf (payday) though, due to the sizes of the shared tags.
Update 2: I’m starting to realise that things can be searched for with multiple terms (dallas + payday), so what is the purpose of any quantifier? I suppose they exist to keep non-quantifiable tags clean (like the object ‘chains’)… I need more clarification, though.
🂾𝕃𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕟𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝔽𝕒𝕟🂽
Nocturnal Vision - For supporting the site
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Goodbye guys ;)
I’m looking at ‘Payday 2’ tags at the moment and seeing a lot of inconsistency around character names. Some aren’t tagged at all, dallas shares its tag with the location, wolf (payday) existed for a single image (2 with my help) and who knows how many are in the wolf tag, sangres is a 1 image tag, and I added one bulldozer to that tag (since there are only 13 of the vehicle there).
Aside from all the ignored suggestions I’ve made about search terms and tag prefixes (character:), I’d like to know what the modus operandi is for brackets. I think it sands to reason to separate a character named “wolf” from the species, but do you separate all the characters into wolf (character) or name them by their series, like above. By that logic, should Dallas images be renamed to dallas (character) or dallas (payday), and should sangres be given a bracket despite having no alternative images for the sake of consistency/clarity?
sangres and modus operandi sound pretty neat actually :D
saby
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA
I made an attempt.
@TexasUberAlles
Maybe because it’s in direct violation of site rule #2:
If an image is not adequately tagged or sourced, please correct it yourself (when possible, report otherwise) and do not complain in a comment. If someone is consistently tagging/sourcing inadequately, report them.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
Since a certain staffer by the name of LightningBolt isn’t being very helpful with me at the moment, I’ll just post it in this thread. equestria girls ponified should imply equestria girls in addition to the already existing pony and ponified tags. Because it’s Equestria Girls characters and they’re ponified. It’s a good enough reason to me. Why shouldn’t “equestria girls ponified” imply “equestria girls”?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score

@saby
How often do y’all actually go do something about it? ’Cuz there are mods in here complaining about seeing dozens of poorly-tagged uploads every day, and that seems like maybe an excess of chaff in the report queue.
Background Pony #0299
@Blissful690
Equestria Girls is a series tag and a species tag, once they’ve been species swapped they are no longer tagged as Equestria Girls unless the image in question is a screencap or scene interpretation from Equestria Girls.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@UnderwoodART
Name (character) tags are for MLP-related characters only, to differentiate from common objects or terms that use the same word.
If you’re tagging a character from another series that is named something that’s a common word or name, use their full name if available to differentiate. For example “Finn” from Adventure Time is finn the human. If there is no full name, use the IP/series name in the parenthesis. For example Trinity (The Matrix) or Lockdown (Transformers) or Garnet (Steven Universe).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide