General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
@cheezedoodle
Oh, I see. If adding, for example, chains (payday), should chains be removed? Also, what happens if the character spans multiple franchises? For example, I’m shocked that Jacket (Hotline Miami) hasn’t got his own tag, but he also appears in Payday 2. I assume you tag the character’s origin for crossovers, regardless of what they’re known from or what they’re being shown in (a la Smash Bros.). The same applies to game versus series, I suppose, so sydney (payday 2) should be changed to sydney (payday)? And all Megatrons should be (Transformers) regardless of the series-unique versions?
I think I’m getting it. I’ll message you if I need any future clarification.

Is it alright to tag “transgender pride flag” on an image without a flag, but featuring the flag colours (on socks)? There isn’t a “transgender colours” or similar tag.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@UnderwoodART
Yes, remove the regular chains tag or the jacket tag if that was supposed to refer to the character, and use the one with their origin IP in parenthesis.
I imagine there are characters where different versions have individual tags. It seems Megatron has his main tag and one for the beast wars version. Personally though I would probably keep them combined until there was more than 10 or so images under each.
The pride flag tags in general refer to the colors, not necessarily a literal flag.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@NightStalker
That’s because most people get it after one or two warnings. Persistent poor tagging would result in a ban, followed by increasingly long bans until the user figured it out. I expect nothing has changed since I was a mod.
UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Just Another Pink Pony
One more thing; at what point should you split a tag? I reverted all my dallas (payday) changes because it would have halved the ~50 dallas tag, but you said 10 was your threshold. Should I go back and re-split dallas? Also, should hoxton be left un-parenthesised since only the character is present, despite it being a real place name, or again, is everything under 10 (or rather, 20 total) just the one tag?
NightStalker
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

I dunno what it is about ponies… I have blacklists/filters set up on other sites that usually are just fine, but for some reason when it comes to My Little Pony, suddenly everybody is forgetting the basic body type tags like “Anthro”, “Humanized”, “Equestria Girls”, etc… It really drives me batty…
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Brainless-Mind
Considering that “horseshoes” doesn’t indicate “shoes” and “clothes” either, I think the lack of indication to “shoes” of “princess shoes” and “hoof shoes” is intentional.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Brainless-Mind
This topic is busy, posts are overlooked or underanswered all the time. If the post is simple, like an implication request, it’s better to create a new, single-purpose topic for it.
TBH, short-lived topics on a forum are better than having all requests in one topic, but still a poor substitute for a bug tracker.
Background Pony #52BA
Is there some reason as to why my enquires keep being overlooked?
Nobody with a strong opinion about your question happened to read it, probably. Myself included. Or would that be excluded?
Background Pony #52BA
Speaking of overlooked/unanswered questions:
Is is valid to tag mermaid/mermaidized in combination with other species, like human/humanized - to specify the form of the upper body?
If an artist posts a drawing of a hornless pony with raven’s (unicorn)/writing desk’s (earth pony) design, but writes the character’s identity as Raven, should it be tagged “raven, missing horn” or “writing desk”?
saby
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Background Pony #52BA
Tagging species to specify demi-creature† body composition: there is no hard rule on this as far as I know, but based on precedent of not tagging constituent species for species like cockatrice or “human” for anthro even though anthro is, by definition, a mix of some animal and human—and the fact using species tags for body parts would just mess searches and filters up to the Nth degree—I would advise NOT to use “human” to indicate that a part of a creature is human.
Whether “mermaid” should be reserved only for human-or-eqg + fish is another thing completely, but we already have (multiple) tags for pony + fish, and it would make perfect sense to specify anthro + fish by its own species tag, such as “anthro mer” or “mer anthro”.
† demi-creature: creature with “mix and match” composition combining multiple species, as seen in many Greek mythical beasts such as centaurs (human + horse), griffons (eagle + lion), hippocampi (horse + fish), Wu Zetian (dragon + phoenix) etc.
Overall, I’m planning a wide scope proposal for cases like this, but that won’t happen until June at the earliest.
Before an official decree is given about tagging body constituents, I think the safest way to tag would be to either leave “mermaid” as the only species tag, or use “demi-human”. Latter option has the benefit that if (IF) the rule ends up being “tag demi-human creatures with ‘human’ if the human parts are human”, “demi-human” can simply be aliased into “human”, so tagging work is not going to waste.
Hornless Raven: as far as I know the only case when tagging takes artist intent into account is when a picture could be shipping or not. All other cases, such as this one, would be “tag what is there”. The picture would need to be very specific to qualify a hornless Raven as being Raven. If it was any other design, would you tag “unicorn” if the horn was visibly missing? That should be the yardstick here.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide