General Tag Discussion

UnderwoodART
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

Just Another Pink Pony
I thought 4koma are vertically oriented.
Traditionally yes, though neither tag adhere to one or the other. And since 4koma are technically 4 panelled comics too, these tags will come down to a weird distinction of stack vs tile formatting, or rather, everything in ‘4 panelled’ and only vertical in ‘4koma’.
‘4koma’ is a thing, a standardised style, but is it worth tagging other comics just because they have 4 panels? We already have a comic tag that doesn’t differentiate size, and no one would be searching for a comic with 4 panels unless they had a specific format in mind.
So as a revision, only vertical 4-panneled comics in 4koma, alias 4 panelled comics for people that don’t know what a 4koma is, but remove all non-vertical comics for the comic tag alone?
Background Pony #52BA
Is (not safe) daphne dress a known term? I tried to Google it and got the Scooby Doo character; excluding “scooby” and “purple”, I get what seem to me like inconsistent styles generally not matching what the tag is starting to get applied to.
If it is a thing, is >>2857786 one? If it isn’t a thing, are these dresses cocktail dresses instead?
[edit] I see now that it’s an outfit meme originating from Twitter user @babie_fluff. That would mean that >>2148953 shouldn’t be tagged with it because it predates the meme, right?
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
@Background Pony #52BA
I don’t know where the meme originated or how it got that name. I’ve mostly seen it on Twitter, so I’d guess it originated there.
And I think it only applies to dresses like >>2870406 and >>2873054, and not your example. “Daphne dress” should probably imply “cocktail dress” though.
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Not sure if I should make a separate thread for this …
In relation to my OC, Watercolor, and her literal-blades-for-feathers transformation power: as shown in the below off-site instances of her showing her power, should those be keyworded with these ?
Note that each feather is individually transformable into those steel swords, and it’s on demand, but the blades do stay connected to the wing at all times.
All SFW:
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@rautamiekka
“Swordpony” is a pony who wields a sword, not a pony who is a sword.
“Wingblade” is a bladed weapon worn on a wing, or consisting a part of a mechanical wing. This would be appropriate.
“Partial transformation” would be also valid to use.
rautamiekka

@rautamiekka
“Swordpony” is a pony who wields a sword, not a pony who is a sword.
Heh, I can see why that would make sense.
“Partial transformation” would be also valid to use.
Regardless of the number (inclusively between ‘1’ and ‘all’) of feathers transformed ?
saby
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@rautamiekka
>swordpony
Yes, it’s a direct equivalent of “swordman”.
>partial
Yes. As far as I can tell, “partial transformation” is used for any case where only a part something transforms, such as just one feather on a pegasus all the way to everything on a pegasus except for one feather. “Mid-transformation” would be for when the transformation process is in progress and not finished.
rautamiekka

@rautamiekka
>swordpony
Yes, it’s a direct equivalent of “swordman”.
Oh, I meant the “not a pony who is a sword” part specifically, that it makes sense her monster power would instead categorize her as a weapon, not as owning/using a weapon; I immediately figured out the swordpony==swordman when I saw it in keyword search.
>partial
Yes. As far as I can tell, “partial transformation” is used for any case where only a part something transforms, such as just one feather on a pegasus all the way to everything on a pegasus except for one feather. “Mid-transformation” would be for when the transformation process is in progress and not finished.
Fair enough.
UnderwoodART
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@LightningBolt
That’s like saying manga should be absorbed into comic because people who don’t know, don’t know. I could just repeat all the reasons I listed, but 4koma being the bigger tag is proof enough that people know.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@LightningBolt
I feel like you’re entirely basing your opinion on you not knowing, just like you reject every single thing I suggest.
But hey, I’ll get banned for arguing with a mod, so I guess I lose. Again.
UnderwoodART
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Just Another Pink Pony
@LightningBolt
I take it personally because every single interaction we have had has been you flat-out rejecting my suggestions in a manner I find increasingly biased. I make suggestions, I apply criticism, and I waste my time, apparently. Anyway, engagement ended.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@UnderwoodART
Please dial it back, ok?
4Koma, YonKoma, 4コマ漫画, etc are all literally ‘4 panel’ or ‘4 panel manga’. While the style is very well established in Japan it really does just mean 4 panels, and not everyone using the term ‘4koma’ to refer to their own comics are what a Japanese person might consider a yonkoma except that there are 4 panels.
It’s like someone calling their poem a haiku simply because it has 3 phrases.
There are 4 panel comics that clearly are not and never were intended to be ‘4コマ漫画’ any more than a Disney movie is an Anime.
Sure - they’re both comics. But manga and comics are viewed as separate entities.
Aliasing 4koma into 4 panel comic would consolidate the two sets of comics into a common set which might accomplish what you are trying to do, but for me the two seem entirely different sets.
Again - like the difference between ‘manga’ and ‘comic’. They are from a certain perspective the same thing, but people looking for a ‘manga’ might not want to see a ‘comic’ any more than someone looking specifically for ‘comics’ might not want to see a ‘manga’.
It seems to me the implications on the existing tags are sufficient.
rautamiekka

@Ciaran
what is the point of tagging comics with 4 panels just because they have 4 panels? Why would you search for that?
If anything: when you don’t remember anything useful other than the count of panels. That’s 1 of the purposes of keywords.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

There doesn’t really seem to be any purpose to four panel comic aside from differentiating a comic with four panels in [whatever] configuration from a comic which is specifically in the 4koma format.
rautamiekka

@Ciaran
Why not tag 2 panels, or 6?
2 panel comic is already an established tag. If people think we have enough 6 panel comics, I’m all for making that a tag, too.
2-6 all exist already, each with a fair number of uploads. I did the mass-change at one point, adding up to 6 cuz that was the biggest and I still ain’t sure I’d go higher instead of something like over 6 panels for everything bigger cuz counting the panels can get very fucky very quick.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide