General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #7C7A
@Wildcard71
Next time you can just report the image and describe the problem in the report’s comment box.
@JP
Well, I agree with that certain user. :P Seriously though, the tag should be removed IMO. The user should use filters or image hiding functionality instead. If a pic really does not belong, they should report it.
Background Pony #A90C
Why “The Game is ahoof” imply spoiler of 11th episode of TYT, if it’s the 12th episode?
Background Pony #52BA
@JP
You should report the user for Rule #2 and mention the tag.
By the way, there’s also a several-years-old tag delete this please where the usage seems like a mix of “I don’t like this”, “I don’t know how to make a report”, or “I don’t know how to make a takedown request”.
@Background Pony #A90C
Copy-paste error, I bet. You should bring this up in the thread for dealing with official media’s tags.
@Rainboom Dash
It extends across a lot of the image’s content so I think “obtrusive” applies.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
the [tag 1920x1080](/tags/1920x1080) has recently been added to a lot of images where the image size is of the same size.
Should other image have their image size be added to the tags too or no? Becuase idk if there is any special significance towards images being 1920x1080 or not.
Background Pony #52BA
@icicle wicicle 1517
It’s significant in the sense that it’s a common screen and video size, like 4k (which itself had some questions asked that I don’t remember getting answered) and to a lesser extent 8k and 5k.
However, because the site has for a while supported searching by image dimensions, pixel count, and aspect ratio, it’s redundant - though potentially a useful shortcut for people less search-syntax-savvy or for quick inclusion in watchlists or filters. In other words, I find it unnecessary but I could understand how other people might want it.
[edit] It is completely redundant with 1080p - even though technically that only depends on vertical pixel count, nobody ever uses it to mean anything other than 1920x1080.
I proposed a feature suggestion about a year ago to automatically handle basic image data as tags - tags like absurd file size, png, gif, 16:9, etc.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Asking questions here is a good way to suss out if a consensus exists, but y’all would probably get more mod action on these things by putting a spin on Cunningham’s Law and making a new thread about the topic where you pick a side.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
IMHO the feature should be the other way around. Terms like 1080p, png, 16:9 should be aliases to the search terms like height:1080, original_format:png, aspect_ratio:1.777777778. By that I mean that when user searches for the former as if they were tags, they should get replaced in the query with the latter.
Background Pony #52BA
@Background Pony #7C7A
That would be an excellent feature to take it further and make it even more useful - AFAIK the site doesn’t currently have a way to dynamically substitute a search for a tag, which is why I originally made the suggestion to autotag.
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@Brainless-Mind
I’m not even sure if “implied tailhole” should exist. It’s just “character with tail is wearing a bottom and a tailhole can’t be visually confirmed”. Maybe the garment’s waist just makes a dip to accommodate the tail? Should all these pictures be also tagged “implied waistband dip”?
Sorry, I’m a bit too tired to be answering serious questions.
/eta: oh lordy it’s worde than I thought… so many of these actually show a tailhole, it’s just not drawn in detail
Brainless-Mind

This should give you some insight.
For the past several weeks, I have been bringing this tag up to speed and created a new tag to go alongside it:
I have been using the first tag for instances where a tail hole can clearly be seen or the outline/implications of one are present.
I have been using the second one (which I made) for times where a tail can be seen protruding from clothing, but there is no implication of a hole present.
Have I been using these tags in the correct manner?
Background Pony #52BA
@rautamiekka
What? How does that have anything to do with the tags being discussed?
I get the sense you’ve misinterpreted what “tail hole” is for. It could be rephrased “clothing structured to let a tail pass through it”
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

new mane six (g5) is a misleading tag name, since there’s no sign of Sprout being added to the main cast of G5, and who knows if another sixth pony will eventually come into the picture. Maybe a different name is in order?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide