General Tag Discussion

NeutronStar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Hello!
Could I introduce a new tag for G5? :)
Considering there already was “i watch it for the plot” tag for the Gen 4 since 8 years ago. XD
I already tagged all (at least I think so) appropriate animated screencaps from the movie and the special.
Seriously, those ears various movements and twitches in the 3D G5 content is BEYOND adorable! :D
And people in comments really do focus on how much they love the ears in G5 and make fun remarks about them too, as I noticed by now.
And it’s kinda funny how this new tag also reflects the fact the “plots” are flatter looking in G5 than they were in G4, so attention goes to ears now more. XD
This tag would only be appropriate on such animated screencaps (gif or video) in which ears cute movements are the focus or just really noticeable.
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@NeutronStar
I also love the cute wiggly pony ears, especially when they’re used to emote the same way real horses do (such as tilting forward for interest/friendliness, swiveling back for fear, or pinning back for anger)!
NeutronStar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The difference is that in G5 the ears are 3D, and are a lot more expressive and with more freedom of movement. So they catch a lot more attention and are worthy of the special treatment. :)
And in the 3D G5 content animators really add a lot more of “unnecessary to the story” subtle movements for the ears, unlike it was in MLP FiM.
So, it’s a tag for the action of moving ears in various adorable ways, so to speak, meant for animated scenes only. (The ears should be moved by a pony, and not just moved by inertia of one’s head movement).
As for your question about G4… I suppose, if the ears in a gif/video are being moved by a pony in a very expressive way, it could be fine to tag those the same way (but I couldn’t find anyting even close to what I tagged with the tag for G5 3D content even among the MLP Movie from 2017).
Well, there already were floppy ears, ears back, one ear down, and ear twitch
Well, there already were butt, plot, etc. ;)
But we do have a tag i watch it for the plot for appropriate moments (like when the show’s frame looked like it focuses too much on a pony’s butt).
There are tags for “cold functionality” and there are tags for a more fun side of things (like all those “character + betes” tags, or some other long phrases I see being in use on the site still, like we are going to hell etc).
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@NeutronStar
IMO, that Starlight gif that @Background Pony #52BA posted is a valid FiM example to use for the tag, as her ears are more active than merely being statically pinned when she’s angry.
@Background Pony #52BA
Thanks for sharing that DALL-E mini tag. I have some truly cursed images to share [though some of them are also very barely pony related—if not outright not pony related—in their output in spite of the prompt’s intent to create MLP art clop]. I’ll upload them later this week when I need a break from work and writing.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@icicle wicicle 1517
How long ago? Said artist might have changed their minds and make it a one-sided ship at best. And within this image, it doesn’t give off shipping vibes to be, just Chrysalis taunting the Princess of Love for not showing love to her.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@saby
The artist mentioned in the description of this pic that they ship the two of them and has a story/headcanon dedicated to them
So its safe to assume that these 2 pics are also related to their story and are shipping related
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide