General Tag Discussion

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Meanlucario maybe they forgot or something idk
im just having it tagged as shipping due to all the other pics of them being tagged as such, and from the artists own words that they ship them and that these pics take place in their story/headcanon for them
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Laß mich sterben
Just a little question…
Is there a tag for a character fluffing up or their fur puffing? Like, behaving like an animal (Mostly a cat) and their fluff ‘spike’ when they get scared?
Background Pony #0299
@Brainless-Mind
Varying degrees of different sized buttocks:
Large Butt <- Huge Butt <- Impossibly Large Butt <- Hyper Butt
I’ve never had a great sense of where one ends and the other begins, but by the time a character looks like they’ve shoved two bean bag chairs in their pants you are most definitely at Hyper Butt.
As far as I can tell “The Ass Was Fat” is a misused meme that should probably be aliased into any one of the butt size but people seem to be too attached to it to get rid of it. Same thing with Extra Thicc, though that one extends to hips and thighs as well, I think making aliasing it tricky.
Background Pony #52BA
@saby
Is “wing shrug” some kind of real world bird term? Because “mimicking hands-and-arms shrugs with one’s wings” is exactly what I’d expect “wing shrug” to mean and not at all what I’d come up with to describe the pictures currently tagged “ruffling wings”.
@FliegerFaustToP47
peacocking for chest fluff, bristling fur otherwise (and/or scared, behaving like a cat)
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Brainless-Mind
Hyper Butt
I’ve never had a great sense of where one ends and the other begins, but by the time a character looks like they’ve shoved two bean bag chairs in their pants you are most definitely at Hyper Butt.
Spoilered quote from https://derpibooru.org/profiles/971384265 in a PM to me, that explains it well (admittedly I hadn’t checked a whole lotta of hyper * keywords back then, so he was right to tell me, yet he still was happy of my efforts):
Hello rautamiekka,
I believe you have a misunderstanding of the scale that deserves the “hyper” tag (especially “hyper breasts”). Per the tag’s description, “At least larger than the torso of the character”, a benchmark not met by a lot of the images you’ve tagged with “hyper breasts”.
I think you may also be underestimating “hyper penis”. In general, “hyper” is reserved for the truly extreme, like, as big as one’s body.
Thanks for your consideration and other tagging efforts!
radpanic
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

never big enough
There was a guy who spent a few years correcting the size tags on images, and would always post the following as an explanation below any picture he corrected:
big breasts < huge breasts (when each individual boob is about as big as the character’s head) < impossibly large breasts (when each individual boob is about as big as the character’s ribcage, or bigger).
I believe “hyper breasts” was created sometime after the other three, so its boundaries are the fuzziest, and in fact the tag descriptions are the opposite of the tag implications. The tag descriptions say that “hyper” (bigger than the character’s torso, basically the old definition of “impossibly large’) is supposed to come in between “huge” and “impossibly large” (which is now defined as big enough to prevent standing normally). But in the days before the “hyper” tag, the tag implications were set up so bigger sizes also implied all the smaller sizes. “Huge” implied “big”; “impossibly large” implied “huge” and “big”. And if you look at the tag implications now, “impossibly large” still only implies “huge” and “big”—while “hyper” implies “impossibly large”, “huge”, and “big”.
So the tag descriptions are saying the hierarchy is: big breasts < huge breasts < hyper breasts < impossibly large breasts.
But the tag implications are instead saying: big breasts < huge breasts < impossibly large breasts < hyper breasts.
Background Pony #52BA
@radpanic
This is the guideline I use. Due to different art styles having different expected proportions, such as EqG where the heads are larger than the ribcages, it has to be subject to interpretation, though.
@Dragonpone
Me too.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I just don’t tag breasts sizes, it’s not worth it to me. Others are better at it and I don’t care to look at them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide