General Tag Discussion

PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
Bill Nye and Bill Nye the Science Guy should either be merged or descriptions added to say that Bill Nye is for the man (or pony) and Bill Nye the Science Guy is for the show.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
This user keeps tagging his uploads with “额…” which looks like an artist tag but it’s obviously not correctly formatted. Could someone who speaks his language explain him how artist tags work? And maybe fix the tag?
JP
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@rautamiekka
I could have done it too but unless someone explains him why the change was made, he’s going to keep mistagging his uploads.
GreyGears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Virtually real pony.
Not sure about the rules for this: should pics with “fusion” OCs be tagged with all the “fusion components” even if it’s just the OCs visible?
Asking because of >>2899926, where someone re-tagged canon characters that aren’t actually present. I am in the wrong about fusion OCs and they are allowed to do this?
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

extra fun at parties
@GreyGears
There is no current ruling on this. It is being discussed among staff.
Personal opinion/expectation sans mod hat: based on how parents of offspring characters are tagged, fusion components will end up being tagged in a similar way, and tagging them as “implied X” or plain “X” will be considered to be in breach of rule #2.
GreyGears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Virtually real pony.
@Background Pony #52BA
… I’m not sure what I could share more than “if Grug want Twilight, Grug not want not Twilight”.
I don’t mind if the “fusion:[X]” tag is made official (like what already exist for OCs’ parents) as long as I get the greenlight to remove the incorrect tags asap. I like Philomena’s search&tagging system, so wrong results due to wonky tagging are annoying.
Background Pony #52BA
@Zaknel
I don’t even see why it’s tagged implied sex, except for the artist’s reputation. But, it was added by a moderator 3 years ago, so maybe I’m missing something.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@NICOGAMER3000
That’s a lot of images … -(source_url:http* AND source needed),-derpibooru exclusive results in 2,560,689 hits … I’m not even sure I’m searching for that right.
HAS NOT source_url and NOT derpibooru exclusive AND NOT source needed
-derpibooru exclusive,(source_url:http* AND NOT source needed)? Nope nope nope, that finds stuff like >>2902256
But, within those, the first thing I noticed is that a lot of them are screencaps or stuff where the artist listed their patreon in the description or something like that.
So … the source isn’t so much ‘needed’ as it is not in the source_url.
-derpibooru exclusive,-(source_url:http* AND NOT source needed) seems to work … 694,208 images in that set, and just looking at a couple they seem to be what we’re wanting.
I thought (source needed AND description:http*),-(source_url:http*) might be useful, to find images where there’s a source in the description but not in the source_url, but the first thing I found were images where the http:* was a link to some meta image or something … soooo … oof.
I mean, it sounds like a great hobby if you’d like to work those, and worth doing. But, man … that might be a lifetime’s work.
update: Yeah - that -derpibooru exclusive,-(source_url:http* AND NOT source needed) search results in things like >>2902348, where there is no source and it’s not tagged.
If you added ‘artist:*’ then you get artist:*,-derpibooru exclusive,-(source_url:http* AND NOT source needed) which will only catch images that have actual fan art, and where the artist is known, and that might be a better set to start with.
Only 392,859 in that set, which is actually survivable.
That even finds images like >>2902337, where the artist is known and actually a user of this site so maybe we could ask them if they should be providing a source, or if they are uploading exclusive images.
Nice!
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@NICOGAMER3000
They don’t have to be. But I can’t think of any reason not to.
The only caveat that I can think of, like I said, is that screencaps and things like that don’t really need it. If anything, it’s more about finding where artists are at, or finding the actual page where an image started out life on, which can really help with making sure the description is updated and the artist’s links are timely.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide