General Tag Discussion

RushCars24ID
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

@Princess Luna
@Roseluck
Well damn, looks like after many past years, it’s time for a change, but as long I’ll miss the old movement (glad that I didn’t set human and humanized tags from the beginning on my filters and watchlist settings), I think we agreed with this, I’m also thought of that too because of MLP Gen 5 but was too scared to request the change. I have three speculations in my mind;
  1. Why if MLP Gen 5 has their own human spin-off series, either called Equestria Girls 2 or something else?
  2. Why if IDW implements human ponidox material for their post-G4 series comics?
  3. Why if Pony Life spawns a human spin-off called Human Life without carrying the Equestria Girls branding?
Exactly those reasons why that needs a change, I must admit that we’re all here indeed made a huge mistake from the beginning, with this change and that new way to search EqG-styled humans, we can finally get rid of the old movement.
I have to edit some of my old stuffs, such as comments and adding the Human tag to my old EqG uploads, until finger crossed if Hasbro have finally decide to make the human spin-off series of MLP Gen 5, or expanding the materials for the IDW comics, or introducing Human Life (which definitely won’t happen, considering the criticism on Pony Life).
Didn’t notice that for now, as I’ve been away from the site very often, unlike my past self.
JP
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
The mysterious only has 5 pages of removals. Looking at the images it was used on, I think people are confusing it with solo. Would it make sense to alias it to solo?
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

I miss the show so much
@radpanic
I think that one image should be just ignored, and alias oc:only to oc only.
For something funny, searching for *c+o*y reveals all the various ways people have misspelled oc only over the years.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@JP
Huh.
Humans + Computers = Fascinating.
Thank you for the link, I’ll get those aliased.
Update:
No problem … looks like it’s just … oh oh.
Ok, this is going to be more of a BURN EVERYTHING rather than aliasing. I don’t want any of those to even survive the process. It’ll take a few days, but slowly that list of links will become not links, so you can watch the burn as it progresses.
Background Pony #DDC7
Why was the comments locked down tag removed from >>2897994 (deleted) if the comments are still locked?
Also, why were the implied abortion, politics, and mouthpiece tags removed? Are we just pretending we don’t know what that slogan means?
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #DDC7
The “comments locked” tag is meta to the image, not a fact of the art itself, and temporary. That tag only reflects a (usually) temporary administrative fact of the comments and is unrelated to the image itself. The “implied abortion” tag was removed because there is nothing in the image implying that Celestia is having or has had an abortion. And “mouthpiece” was removed because there is no reason to think that the text on the image is not something Celestia would say for herself in the show. The image is tagged “Current Events” - how do you think the image in and of itself is political or how would the “political” tag serve beyond tagging the image as “Current Events”?
Background Pony #DDC7
The “comments locked” tag is meta to the image, not a fact of the art itself, and temporary. That tag only reflects a (usually) temporary administrative fact of the comments and is unrelated to the image itself.
By that logic, the comments locked down tag should be removed from every image, along with all other meta tags like wall of tags or adventure in the comments.
The “implied abortion” tag was removed because there is nothing in the image implying that Celestia is having or has had an abortion.
implied X” tags don’t necessarily mean a specific character is engaging in X. >>2580780 is tagged implied flashlight despite Twilight explicitly denying that, because the image still makes reference to the ship.
And “mouthpiece” was removed because there is no reason to think that the text on the image is not something Celestia would say for herself in the show.
If we’re moving the burden of proof to showing a character definitively wouldn’t say something, then almost nothing can be tagged mouthpiece. There’s no proof that Trixie wouldn’t support free speech, or that Applejack wouldn’t be anti-war or a stickler for preferred pronouns, or that Pinkie wouldn’t be anti-pedo, or that Sunset wouldn’t be pro-mask, or that Rainbow Dash wouldn’t be anti-cop.
The image is tagged “Current Events” - how do you think the image in and of itself is political or how would the “political” tag serve beyond tagging the image as “Current Events”?
Oh, please. Everyone knows that “my body, my choice” is a political slogan, specifically tied to the pro-choice movement. The image is about current events in the realm of politics; it’s blatantly a direct response to a change in government policy and an attempt to advocate for more permissive abortion laws.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
By that logic …
You asked about that one image. If you think other images should be looked at, that’s fine. But I’m already busy with other stuff.
If we’re moving …
Have you even read the description on the tag?
Oh, please …
2LDR - Tell me you’re a triggered American without telling me you’re a triggered American.
If you want to talk about the politics of Personal Rights in America, use the Generals >> Politics forum. That’s not what comments on fanart are for.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Ciaran
Okay but meta or not, comments locked down is 100% relevant to the image as it exists on the site, and I honestly don’t understand the logic behind removing it from an image where the comments are, in fact, still locked down. What purpose does it serve to leave such images improperly tagged? That’s surely a tag that some people have blocked– or have had blocked for them by mods– to avoid drama.
Background Pony #52BA
The “implied abortion” tag was removed because there is nothing in the image implying that Celestia is having or has had an abortion.
“implied x” tags are also used for identifying topics. I agree with BP#DDC7 that it’s useful on >>2897994 (deleted)
And “mouthpiece” was removed because there is no reason to think that the text on the image is not something Celestia would say for herself in the show.
Celestia would have no reason to say an IRL human propaganda slogan, even if you think she’d support its message. I agree that it’s correct and useful to tag it “mouthpiece”
The image is tagged “Current Events” - how do you think the image in and of itself is political or how would the “political” tag serve beyond tagging the image as “Current Events”?
Its message and timing make a clear connection with a political current event - U.S. legislature - as opposed to non-political current events, like a freighter getting stuck. The “politics” tag would be useful and appropriate.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Ciaran
Okay but meta or not, comments locked down is 100% relevant to the image as it exists on the site, and I honestly don’t understand the logic behind removing it from an image where the comments are, in fact, still locked down.
What happens when they’re unlocked?
I was about to unlock comments on that image again (it’s been locked and unlocked a couple times) but now given this maybe I will leave it locked.
What purpose does it serve to leave such images improperly tagged?
Whether an images comments are locked or not is meta to the image. I don’t understand how the comments, or tags, or individual tags being locked is a fact of the image that people would search for, except maybe to look for images to create drama about.
@Background Pony #52BA
The artist strongly disagreed that there was any abortion, implied or not, in the image, and after hearing their side of it I agreed. If they wanted to say ‘abortion’ they would have. I also don’t see how a female cartoon character saying they have bodily integrity is any kind of political statement.
If people want to make political statements about women having bodily integrity, that’s what the forums are for.
Background Pony #52BA
The artist strongly disagreed that there was any abortion, implied or not, in the image, and after hearing their side of it I agreed.
The artist wrote the hashtag #RoeVsWade in their source post, so I find it impossible to believe that there wasn’t artistic intent for the image to be about U.S. abortion law.
IMO, it would unambiguously be useful to give it the tag based on the image’s content, which supersedes artistic intent, but since you brought it up, I’m addressing that as well.
If people want to make political statements about women having bodily integrity, that’s what the forums are for.
What does this have to do with appropriate tagging for an image that is making such a statement?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #52BA
If the problem is that the image keeps showing up in your search results, please just hide it.
After the tag warring and comments on that image I’m leaving it as it is for a couple more weeks. Today was my timer to unlock it but it’s clearly still going to be a problem.
If some other volunteer wants to deal with that hornets nest, they are welcome to stick their dick in it. My only advice would be to read my notes on it first.
Deleting it might be the easier option.
Background Pony #7C7A
@Background Pony #52BA
@Ciaran
Since the image does not portray or mention abortion, but is pro-choice (as evidenced by the slogan and the hashtag), perhaps it should be simply tagged “pro-choice”? Or perhaps it should be tagged “my body, my choice”?
Background Pony #DDC7
What happens when they’re unlocked?
Then remove the tag. Same as would happen to a wall of tags image that had its tags cleaned up to fall under the threshold, or a fanfic in the description image if the description is later removed, or any other tag that no longer applies.
The artist strongly disagreed that there was any abortion, implied or not, in the image, and after hearing their side of it I agreed. If they wanted to say ‘abortion’ they would have.

2LDR - Tell me you’re a triggered American without telling me you’re a triggered American.
Hold up. Is it your contention that the image is not meant to be a pro-choice message, or even a political one at all? What exactly do you think are the “current events” being referenced if not the Dobbs vs. Jackson ruling from late June?
If you want to talk about the politics of Personal Rights in America, use the Generals >> Politics forum. That’s not what comments on fanart are for.
If discussion of the image’s message belongs in the “Politics” forum, then tag the image with politics.
Background Pony #894E
Are the “busty <character>” tags specifically meant for images where <character> has particularly large breasts, or are they for any image where <character> has visible breasts? I saw >>2922390 was tagged “busty Rarity” and I’m not sure whether that tag applies.
Also, I see those tags were standardized from the “Raritits”/“Hootershy” format they used to take. Is it possible for something similar to be done with the “Preggity”/“Preggoshy” tags?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide