General topic for character tag categorization

Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@Background Pony #00D4  
Good call. There was some discussion about adding implications, but nobody ever did it. I set those three tags to imply “g5”. However, our current policy (new as of today) is to avoid using “spoiler:g5” on posts with just the characters out of context. G5 tagging is a work in progress with many issues yet to iron out.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Maybe the retro-future versions from the movie could be mane six (g5 movie version)? It would need some policing until people got used to it, but so does every other tag.

It’s gonna get even wackier if it turns out the reason Twilight’s toy in the teaser screencap doesn’t have wings is because the segregated Three Tribes each claim all six of them as their own, so all of Sunny’s toys are Earth Ponies.
Litrojia
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #36E7  
That pony will be up for voting soon in our character name voting, and then she’ll get a character tag. You’ll be able to vote for Cascada if you want.

@Algebroot Neogears  
The 2017 leaks that turned out to share little in common with the G5 means we’re gonna have to rework a lot of tagging. For now though, there’s not a whole lot of official info about G5, so we’re gonna hold off until we know more.

@Algebroot Neogears  
I made mirror mirror into a character tag as well as the new tag mirror mirror (star trek) with implications. I know I’m getting a bit off track from character tagging, but since I don’t know much about Star Trek, do you know if mirror spock and spock’s beard should imply that tag?
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Can it be you’re lagging behind with new background character names, or haven’t they been submitted to you yet?

If the latter, I could compile the missing ones.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Pulse Wave  
New background character names aren’t really my domain. Mildgyth told me she likes to wait a week on those after they’re voted on. If you see any that were forgotten though, I can take care of those.
Background Pony #D3CA
Dear mods & admins of Derpibooru i have a question. Could you pertty please make these tags principal celestia, vice principal luna, dean cadance & alumnus shining armor have their tags changed from green into blue like the tag sci-twi is. It would be more easy to navigate the booru that way, best wishes this Background Pony & thank you for your time.
Background Pony #AB4C
What exactly is the difference between “equestria girls, human coloration” and “humanized”?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

@Background Pony #AB4C  
If they use the EqG character designs– face/body shape, clothes, accessories, etc.– but with normal Human skin tones, that’s equestria girls and human coloration; if they’re human versions with no obvious visual connection to the EqG designs, that’s humanized.
Pulse Wave
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Busy procrastinating
Missing voted-upon background pony names as per this post:  
Aqua Cascade  
Button Bounce  
Blueberry Fritter  
Riverstone  
Plum Blossom (character)  
Glow Dust  
Concordia  
Pastel Prancer  
Grey Skies  
Desert Weave  
Pineapple Salsa  
Kindling Spirit  
Nighting Gale and Inkblot (character) should imply each other  
Laurel Rose and Scarlet Glory should imply each other  
Lavender Cherrytop and Lilac Custard should imply each other

Edit: Would King Zebra count as a character, too? I know this abomination from the German MLP mag is just Zecora with a hat on (not in-universe, the comic “artists” were lazy), but still.
Litrojia
Tree of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #D3CA  
Apologies for taking so long to decide here. This is a tough one. On one hand, the relationship between Sci-Twi and pony Twilight in EQG means that they need their own character tags to distinguish them. For other characters, the distinction between human and pony world versions of characters is obvious and doesn’t need to be indicated in the tags (and doing so would open a can of worms). However, for example, “principal celestia” doesn’t refer to EQG Celestia in her principal role. Rather, it’s applied to EQG Celestia in general. I think I need more opinions here.

@Background Pony #CC12  
Done

@TexasUberAlles  
Correct. This may change though, since we’re actively considering splitting the “equestria girls” tag into distinct franchise and species tags.

@Pulse Wave  
Got the naming thread characters, and I made King Zebra a character tag.
Background Pony #D3CA
@Litrojia  
There is no need for an apology my friend. Each person takes their own time & i respect a late chioce so long as it is well thought out. I see & understand what you mean with the (open a can of worms) thing. But i don’t see why it should, these tags are allready there for all 4 of them, unlike all other characters, minus spike the dog who also has his own tag. As far as i see it, an exception could be made for these 5 & allow their tag colors to be changed from normal green to character blue. There is 1 more good reason for this change as i see it & that is that for a long time there were alot of pictures of Cadance & Shining Armor as humans, but it was implied that they were the orginals who entered ito the portal & transformed as well. It is also alot of pictures of Celestia & Luna in their EQG forms who is alos implied that they are the ones form Equestria & not the human world. That is why i feel that it is a very strong need for giving these 5 their tags a change from green to character blue so as to properly seperate them from their Equestrian counterparts in an orderly manner.

I understand your need to gather more opinions on this important matter. I almost can’t wait for the verdict after you & the other Assistants, Mods & Admins has decided what you think is for the best.

Anyway thank you so very much for your respons & have a nice easter my friend.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide